Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sports ju jutsu

• 26-03-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello , im posting this for a friend, hes looking for a club that teaches japanese ju jutsu, is there anywhere in around the city centre or on the southside that anyone knows about that teaches it , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

Hi.... The Bujinkan teaches "taijutsu"... basically another term for "jujutsu" so you should check out your nearest club.

Bujinkan Ireland has a full list of authentic instructors and I recommend my own teacher in
    Harolds Cross as he has an excellent facility and is running a beginners course next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tysonslovechild

hes looking for something more sports orientated where he can compete, but hes pretty adament he wants to do japanese ju jutsu, thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Jesus pearsquasher put that on a Booj forum and they'd run a muck lol.

Hey OP,

Is this the stuff your referring to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlYCMJNFjoE

Depends on what specifically he wants out of it. Most people who compete at sports jujutsu like in the clip usually end up doing bjj or judo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

hes looking for something more sports orientated where he can compete, but hes pretty adament he wants to do japanese ju jutsu
    Good luck with that. He's going to have to pick one or the other. Sports jujutsu is a pretty small movement worldwide, and most "traditional" schools are fairly anti-competition on principal.

that seems to be the case, even if anyone knows of clubs that doncompete i can give him the details and he can decide there for himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

The German Jujutsu guys attached to the Judo club at Trinity have been looking for some form of sport jujutsu competition for a while now and no luck as far as I know. I don't think there's much out there.

http://www.dentokanireland.org/CombatSportsFederation/tabid/99/Default.aspx

Maybe contact the above as they are involved in sports jiu jitsu. However they are up north but they might point him in the right direction.

I think he ll find if he he looks for traditional jiu jitsu as apposed to japanese jujutsu he might get better results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

The only person I can think of who teaches traditional Japanese Jiu Jitsu in Dublin is yer man Tony in NUI Maynooth. Not even sure if he still teaches there, as a lot of the martial arts clubs in Maynooth have amalgamated into a "self-defence" club. It's worth checking out, anyway.

Also, if he's interested in sport, I would stay as far away from Bujikan as possible.

Theres Japanese Jujutsu in Lucan.

lucan mght be a bit of a trek for him as hes deosnt drive drive, is there anywhere else nearer town you might know. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 casper69

Do you have details for the place in Lucan?

Their facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110728092272305

or pm me for phone numbers etc.

Advertisement