Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheery trees......diseases.....AEOS ???????

• 26-03-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Cheery trees are prone to certain diseases.
    I was thinking planting them for AEOS scheme
    any one know are they too much trouble looking
    after them or not THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Cherry trees perhaps?:) I have cherry growing with 3 years in reps3 and have no problems yet with disease. They are in some plastic covers i got with them to help protect them from animals. I dont know much about trees but i imagine they are exposed to disease in the wild all the time and manage to survive and prosper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Very prone to Canker http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canker

Take a look and see if there is much evidence of it in the trees around the farm. If there is, stay away from Ash and Cherry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭what happen

hi padowado the cherry trees are a nice tree but once they start to lost their flowers they leave a mess.you would want to watch were you plant them.7 or 8 were grew beside the home house for the tidy towns and grew great with no problems. then the man over the area decided to cut them.he got a man with hedgecutter and saw to cut the top of them.i dont see the point in growing them if you are going to do that . the prick a right few died after that.the disease got in to the open cuts they were growing 25 years. i would have no problem growing them if i had the right place. thats the only disease problem i know.

Advertisement