Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wales V England - SS1 : 3.00pm

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

anyone have link to a live stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

good post above! the first semi decent side they come up against if they qualify should have them! look at them in the worldcup! they didnt win one match in group stages did they? and then got hammered 4-1 by who else but the germans! Im half german, and when that match was being played, the apartment next to us had a few english in it! The hilarious thing is, they probably though we were just being Anyone but Englands! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

For anyone who wonders why trap plays the long ball then watch this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Paully D wrote: »
    Same story as always mate.

Qualify at a canter, everyone from the players right down to the supporters dogs start thinking they will win the thing, and then they get beat when they play a decent, organised team.

It will be no different this time. They'll qualify easily, get an easy group on paper, struggle in that but go through, and then lose in the last 16 or QF's at best, probably on penalties when their bottle will go as usual.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Rinse, lather, repeat.

Head and Shoulders; the official shampoo of the England squad.

Dont tar all the fans with the same brush. I dont know anyone at home who goes into tournaments thinking we will win it. You are listening to the media too much who build us up to knock us down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Wales booing the British anthem??? Confused.com

Goal-this could be a hammering.

Football wise God Save the Queen is the English anthem and Northern Ireland for whatever reason, it has nothing to do with Wales, who just like Scotland have their own anthem's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Dont tar all the fans with the same brush. I dont know anyone at home who goes into tournaments thinking we will win it. You are listening to the media too much who build us up to knock us down.

It's true though. And for the record, I take everything the media say with a pinch of salt.

That said though, I shan't tar you with any brush me lad.

It's true though. And for the record, I take everything the media say with a pinch of salt.

That said though, I shan't tar you with any brush me lad.

It just isnt. The media want to show you the average moron who gets carried away with the hype the papers and Sky etc pump into them. Go into a pub and yeah sure we cheer on the team but anyone who knows a bit about the game doesnt go into a tournament thinking we will win it.

edit: anyhoo, enjoy the match later gents!

Settle down young Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Robbie Savage to come on and save face for the Welsh.

It just isnt. The media want to show you the average moron who gets carried away with the hype the papers and Sky etc pump into them. Go into a pub and yeah sure we cheer on the team but anyone who knows a bit about the game doesnt go into a tournament thinking we will win it.

It's true in the terms that ye always bottle it in big tournaments. I never said anything about going on to win the thing.

If you look at all the tournaments that England have qualified for, they've done it superbly well but end up bottling it. No denying that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Yea and Giggsy to tog out at half time:o

Jaysus Rooney.

It's true in the terms that ye always bottle it in big tournaments. I never said anything about going on to win the thing.

If you look at all the tournaments that England have qualified for, they've done it superbly well but end up bottling it. No denying that.

It was me responding to the initial post containing:

'Qualify at a canter, everyone from the players right down to the supporters dogs start thinking they will win the thing'

and you agreeing with it.

I mean we bottle it in matches yeah (****ing painful to support England in those tournaments) but we certainly, or at least the majority who arent muppets, dont think we will win the thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What goes on in Rooney's head...

<edit>
    and right on cue the usual sky comments "you cant take that out of his game cause its that appetite that makes him so great blah blah blah..."

You can be committed and disciplined at the same time ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The English national team doesn't exist north of Manchester mate (well according to Capello anyway), therefore Bradford doesn't count ;)

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What goes on in Rooney's head...

Its gone way past the stage where we can claim ah hes young he will learn. Hes just a bit nuts tbh

It was me responding to the initial post containing:

'Qualify at a canter, everyone from the players right down to the supporters dogs start thinking they will win the thing'

and you agreeing with it.

I mean we bottle it in matches yeah (****ing painful to support England in those tournaments) but we certainly, or at least the majority who arent muppets, dont think we will win the thing

No mate, I was agreeing with the bit in bold. We all know the media and what they're like in England.

I don't agree that all fans think they're gonna win it. I'm just agreeing that when England come up against a well organised team that they just don't know how to handle it.

That's all mate.

Paully D wrote: »
    The English national team doesn't exist north of Manchester mate (well according to Capello anyway), therefore Bradford doesn't count ;)

bleugh :mad:

No mate, I was agreeing with the bit in bold. We all know the media and what they're like in England.

I don't agree that all fans think they're gonna win it. I'm just agreeing that when England come up against a well organised team that they just don't know how to handle it.

That's all mate.

fair nuff, just wasnt all that clear from the quoting of posts. Much ado bout nothing really, just hate people thinking that all the fans are muppets, we're going to win the lot etc etc which causes even more resentment for England fans, particularly over here

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Jesus could sky not filter out the screaming kids right next to the microphone?!

That was awful from Terry. Strip him of the armband!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

That was awful from Terry. Strip him of the armband!!!!!

I'm glad I haven't it on right now, shagging a team-mate's wife in the middle of a match is bad craic.

amacachi wrote: »
    I'm glad I haven't it on right now, shagging a team-mate's wife in the middle of a match is bad craic.

I wouldn't blame him. He's had fcuk all to do at the back. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

How are [a] Wilshere and Ramsey doing?

Was that Wales' first shot on goal?

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    How are [a] Wilshere and Ramsey doing?

Wilshere looking his usual classy self. Great on the ball and always aware of whats around him.

Ramsey looking a bit lost but its down to him not being fully match fit and playing in a team who just cant get any rhythm going. Id say he would appear to be playing better if he was in the other team with more of the ball, better plays around him and the better movement.

Who's that Jack Wilshere lad? He seems to be a decent player. Surprised nobody's been talking about him more.

Who's that Jack Wilshere lad? He seems to be a decent player. Surprised nobody's been talking about him more.

media hype.....ah forget it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Joekers

Ye just noticed him there now(not a bad player) I think the commentator said he applys his trade in league 1;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

TT09 wrote: »
    didn't know the welsh hated them so much

They hate the English more then anyone in the world, well known :)

• Advertisement

lol they do have some w**nkfest over him alright, can't put a thing wrong

lol they do have some w**nkfest over him alright, can't put a thing wrong

he ballooned that shot!

Wasn't his fault tho, stupid ball f**ked up

Wasn't his fault tho, stupid ball f**ked up

Obviously the ball and altitude is why England ****ed up our procession to the WC over the summer

Obviously the ball and altitude is why England ****ed up our procession to the WC over the summer

No comment, I like posting in the soccer forum :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Football wise God Save the Queen is the English anthem and Northern Ireland for whatever reason, it has nothing to do with Wales, who just like Scotland have their own anthem's

it has nothing to do with Wales...Ooooooooooooooo k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Gonna be another glorious qualifying campaign for the English, before they crash and burn when they come up against the formidable Swiss or Ukrainians at the tournament proper :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

markesmith wrote: »
    Gonna be another glorious qualifying campaign for the English, before they crash and burn when they come up against the formidable Swiss or Ukrainians at the tournament proper :p
    At least they'll get there.

Advertisement