Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

80cm Black or Mesh Dish purchase

• 26-03-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi lads/ladies

I'm looking to buy an 80cm black or a mesh dish. Had a look around the online stores but couldn't see any specific reference to black or mesh dishes.

Has anyone purchased or seen any Irish sites that supply them. I know i could buy a normal one and spray it but i want this option to be my last resort.

I currently have a 65cm fortec star but want to install a multifeed on 28.5 19.2 and 13. I was going to chance this on the current dish as i'm not too bothered about signal quality on 28.5 but the multiblock holder won't fit a fortec star dish.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

you need a 78cm solid Triax minimum. If you any distance from South East coast, then a 90/95 Triax (That's width/height not two sizes). In Far West/South West/NorthWest fringes a 110cm Triax.

Mesh and perforated (probably what you mean) are inferior to solid.

You can make the dish any colour you like except bright gloss and pure matt black are both bad at spring and autumn.

Spray, Smooth Hammerite or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

It doesn't have to be Triax! Other brands are just as good, and better in my opinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No, it doesn't have to be Triax.

But you want to make sure the arm is strong enough for multiple LNBs and a compatible adaptor for Multiple LNBs exists.

What it doesn't want to be is flimsy, mesh or perforated.

Advertisement