Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom master socket

Options
  • 26-03-2011 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

I've been having a bit of trouble lately with the master socket. Cables not staying in due to wear etc. It's one of the old style Telecom sockets. I'm looking to change it to a newer one. The are 4 wires inside, orange, blue, green and brown with the orange connected to terminal 1 and the blue connected to terminal 6.

The new socket has 4 wires, red, blue, black and yellow. Just wondering what order the old wires should be wired to the new ones. There will be an Eircom phone/broadband splitter plugged into the new socket if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Basically you only use a pair. Its usually the 2 blues.
    They all connect to L1 & L2

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

if the new socket is the small square type with the sticky pad then you connect the two wires in the old one to the red and green on the new one.
    the red and green cables in the new one should be connected to the centre two pins. so if i understand your original post then you will connect the orange and the blue to the red and the green in the new socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

markc1184 wrote: »
    I've been having a bit of trouble lately with the master socket. Cables not staying in due to wear etc. It's one of the old style Telecom sockets. I'm looking to change it to a newer one. The are 4 wires inside, orange, blue, green and brown with the orange connected to terminal 1 and the blue connected to terminal 6.

The new socket has 4 wires, red, blue, black and yellow. Just wondering what order the old wires should be wired to the new ones. There will be an Eircom phone/broadband splitter plugged into the new socket if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help.

What you will need to do is identify on the new socket what colours are going to the center pins where you plug in the phone. When you do find them connect the Orange and Blue off the old socket into them.

Advertisement