Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Visa to NYC and the Embassy Interview process!

Options
  • 26-03-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey all,
    I recently found out that I may be illegible for a year long visa if I am doing a level 6 course (I am just about to finish mine in a business course). I decided I might as well go for it and try get to NYC for the end of July. The thing is, I haven't a clue what to do. My friend i'm going with has been to the states the last 3 summers and is very clued in but since it will be my first time trying to get a visa I'm kind of clueless. I hear the embassy interview is very tough if you don't have a plan, While I want to go over and work in pretty much any area I can get into. I believe you have to say you're trying to get work which reflects what you do in college. I fear I won't be accepted! Help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 goawaylisa

When you apply for your visa with USIT or whoever, they'll give you all the information you need. Yes its true with the graduate visa you have to do something related to your degree, but there's loads you can do thats related to business so you should have no problem finding work. The embassy interview itself was nothing: why are you going to the states... to work, where are you going to work... dunno yet. He didnt give a damn how i answered. It lasted like 2 minutes! You just have a lot of waiting around while they process your documentation. Just read through all the info you get and follow the rules and you'll be fine. I'm on the 12 month visa in nyc and loving it.

Advertisement