Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sziget 2011

Options
  • 26-03-2011 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Who's goin?!?!?!

http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english

I have my flights booked, I am flying to Prague travelling around and will be flying home from Budapest. Flights cost 300. Ticket cost 170 + 90 for a VIP ticket.

I hope to purchase my ticket this week & was wondering if anyone had been would they recommend VIP???
    Can u camp for -1 and 0 VIP??

Also how easy would it to be to pick up a tent in Budapest?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Very easy to get a tent in budapest, there's actually a big supermarket beside the main entrance to the festival and they sell camping gear. As for the VIP thing, it might be a good idea for safety reasons, security is fairly lax in the festival in general so rucksack theft is pretty common, think it might be a bit safer to pay for the VIP thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

Was thinkin about going. The lineup doesnt do anything for me though :(

Thinking rock en seine will be my festival of choice this year.... foo fighters AND deftones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 spicy meatball

More line up's 2b announced tomorrow!

C'mon foo fighters :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 spicy meatball

More acts!

Amy Winehouse | Kasabian | GOOD CHARLOTTE | DEFTONES | WITHIN TEMPTATION | LOSTPROPHETS | KID CUDI | PETER BJORN AND JOHN |THE MACCABEES | CHOC QUIB TOWN | SOCALLED | CHEIKH LO.

Looking great I think!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Line Up is looking great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bulmersmccabe

Thinking of heading to this. Can anyone who's been give me a bit of a review of it. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aandy

Went two years ago, best festival ever, much better than anything over here!
    On an island on the river that flows between budapest, you can get there on a tram line from the city. A massive number of music stages. Any entertainment imaginable is there, on the 5th day there we found a new section we never saw before. Weather is 25 odd degrees, cans of beer were €1.50 in the festival. You could camp anywhere and they dont close anywhere off at night, also theres a 24 hour "After Party" dance section.

Need I say more and why have you not booked your ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bulmersmccabe

Thanks for that! Soon as i have the cash i will get a ticket! Sounds great!!

Latest Lineup:

news_sziget.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 degaquethe

Whats the best option for flights? If you didnt go until Wednesday 10th Aug would it be hard to get a camping spot?

• Advertisement

Flights - whatevers cheapest!
    Camping would be challenging Wednesday, though they let you camp almost anywhere, so you would find somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Booked my flights yesterday, €248 return from 7th - 21st. A group of 10+ going, most of whom have attended at least once over the last 5 years. Will be a first for me, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

thinking of heading to this alone, could anyone offer some advice with regard to camping - arriving on thursday maybe friday would there be space to be had, or would vip camping be the way to go, i would be lookin for somewhere with little traffic and reasonably quiet too, as sleep is important - security - is it anything as bad as oxegen, as in would it be safe to leave belongings in tent all day etc, drink, is drink expensive, one poster has said it cost them €1.50 for a can? what are the people like - stupid question i know but as im going alone, i would generally keep to myself but will be happy to tag along with heads, are people cool with this? i think thats all questions i have at the minute but im sure more will arise, if anyone has anything else to tell me that they feel i should know please fell free to advise.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hellosailor

I cant wait for Sziget it sounds amazing!
    I hope that there aren't any scumbags like at Oxygen and even Electric Picnic had quiet a few scumbags at it last year burning down tents robbing etc... I know you will always get people robbing etc but I'm hopeing it wont be too bad at Sziget... Im flying from Dub (even tho i live in shannon its such a pitty i cant get a flight from the airport 5 mins from my house) on the 7th and back the 17th We are renting an apartment as well as camping... that way if we get sick of camping we have the option of the apartment plus our clothes etc will be a bit safer... and I would like to see some of Budapest while im there too. I hope its not too much hassle getting a tent and stuff over there but id imagine that it would be handy enough to get camping equip.

Has anyone any good tipos for Sziget?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

BUMPO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cormac1991

I'm hoping to make it to Sziget 2011 as part of my inter-railing. At this stage I'm going inter-railing on my own so I could be attending Sziget on my own too. Anybody have any idea if it's safe to camp on your own or have any advice on the matter? Is their lockers for my rucksack etc? Also, would there be many people in the same position as me that would be looking for a bit of company at the gig?

Cormac1991 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to make it to Sziget 2011 as part of my inter-railing. At this stage I'm going inter-railing on my own so I could be attending Sziget on my own too. Anybody have any idea if it's safe to camp on your own or have any advice on the matter? Is their lockers for my rucksack etc? Also, would there be many people in the same position as me that would be looking for a bit of company at the gig?

hey found this yesterday http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english/info/services#lockers not sure how they would make it compulsory but the free part sounds good to me. Im heading to this alone too but only for thursday, friday, saturday & sunday and wouldnt mind meeting up with some irish there. i doubt there will be a shortage of us. as im only arriving on the thursday im concerned about camping spaces so im thinking of staying here http://www.romaicamping.hu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=63&lang=en for the few days of the gig then heading to here http://www.campingniche.hu/?p=1 to explore the city and hills for the last few days of my trip.

cant wait!!:D

253739_10150340531428975_11406223974_9914218_1076962_n.jpg

Latest, but not final line up. Who do people think will replace Winehouse?

im actually kinda glad she aint coming, seen her a few years ago at a charity event in london and while she is good enough, probably wouldnt have been bothered. be nice to see someone like paul simon or the chilies pulled in instead, doubtful though.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be too bothered about seeing her either. I'm just interested as they might replace her with someone I'm into!

who is her agent does anyone know? who else does that agent deal with?

30 Seconds To Mars are replacing Winehouse.

could have been worse really, but im not impressed but that addition tbh not that i was with winehouse either

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

Does anybody know of alturnative airports to use opposed to budapest with a resonable travelling time (4 hours). I know bratislava is one option.

Also I am planning on attending for the Thursday and Friday and purchase two day tickets. Does anybody know if there would be a problem staying on the island that night or even sneaking a tent into the campsite?

the website reads that if you have 2 or more day tickets in a row your allowed to camp on the island, but you are not guarenteed a space for your tent, coz youhavent got an actual "camping" ticket, your just an extra so im not sure bringing a tent would be any issue and as camping tickets havent sold out at all i dont think space would be an issue either

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

going to this during interrailing, can tickets be purchased at the concert!?

According to the website, yes they can.

• Advertisement

site map is up, alive and kickin.........only 10 days now.....

http://sziget.hu/terkep/terkep2011en.2.html# :D:D:D

Advertisement