Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sziget 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mectavba

10 day weather forecast is saying it's going to be hot and sunny with 0% chance of rain :D

Anyone got any idea where the shop to get tents etc near the festival is and whether they are likely to sell out?

Are most of you bringing your camping gear with you or getting it over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

I'm just trying to figure out the same thing myself. But it looks like I'll be holding off and buying what i need over there.

Found a couple stores that are quite central - Mountex and Eduard Kettner. I have no idea if these places are likely to sell out or not, though.

I was told by someone who has been before that there is somewhere very near the entrance.

I'm sure there will be some sort of tents available and they are bound to be cheaper than anything you would get here. I'm more worried that wont have things like air pillows/mattresses. I can handle a night or 2 collapsing anywhere, but 5 nights might be a bit much with zero comfort!

I'm thinking they'll certainly be cheaper than here, but I wouldn't be expecting to pay nothing what with the event that's on! I'm sure we won't be stuck anyway.

When you heading over and for how long? Gonna be there from Sunday myself. Staying in a hostel the first couple of nights, but gonna set up camp on the Monday to get a decent spot and then back to the hostel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

There's a hypermarket just a few hundred yards from the main entrance, they always have loads of camping gear at good prices so don't panic about bringing everything with you.

• Advertisement

Cheers Predalien.

Heading over Wednesday til Monday. Kind of regretting not going over earlier now but sure f*** it. 5 nights should be enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Oh and just some further info, if you're planning on going straight from the airport to the festival there should be some minibuses there to take you direct, they normally drop you off in the carpark for the hypermarket i mentioned earlier. If you head through Budapest and get the tram/rail as far as the festival head towards the festival entrance and when you get there turn left to go to the shop instead of right where the wristbands are given out and the bridge to the island is.

Cheers for the info Predalien. You'd think some of my friends would have known this, considering for a few it'll be their fifth time at Sziget.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So whats this got to do with gigs and events in Ireland, should you not be using the international thread.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

bodhrandude: Discussion in this forum about gigs/events outside of Ireland is entirely acceptable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement