Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems running DirectX in Visual Studio

Options
  • 26-03-2011 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭

I've been taking a module on basic 3D Graphics as part of a college course and we've been using DirectX with the C# language and Visual Studio 2008 IDE.

I wanted to do some work at home but I can't get the applications to run. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 at home if it makes any difference. Further information:

I downloaded the DirectX SDK (575MB) from the msdn site. Prior to downloading that the "using Microsoft.DirectX" and "using Microsoft.DirectX.DirectX3D" references were not recognised. Now they are but the program crashes immediately when I try and run it.

I've tried to start a new application from the very beginning. When I go to Add references in the Solution Explorer the DirectX references are not to be found under the .NET tab. Instead I have to go and browse for them. I'm using the .dll files that are located in the

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\DirectX for Managed Code\1.0.2902.0 folder.

This seems to go ok and when I write my 'using' references at the top of the page they are picked up by the Intellisense. However when I go to try and use a class that I should find such as 'Device' it doesn't exist.

Since there's so much going on here I'm sure there are loads of possible errors so I'm not even sure where to start. Is anyone more familiar with this type of thing who could advise please?

Comments

Advertisement