Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a ladder to extend the one I have

• 26-03-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

I am looking for a ladder to extend the one I have(it goes up to a little over 7 metres) .It would have to be about 38cm wide on the inside as that is the widest measurement of the ladder I have.
    I just rang McDonaghs in Galway who said that seems like a difficult thing to get hold of .A 3 section ladder itself would come to about 280 euros but I don't think I would want to pay all that money.
    Has anyone got an idea whether it would be possible to get this at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

geordief wrote: »
    I am looking for a ladder to extend the one I have(it goes up to a little over 7 metres) .It would have to be about 38cm wide on the inside as that is the widest measurement of the ladder I have.
    I just rang McDonaghs in Galway who said that seems like a difficult thing to get hold of .A 3 section ladder itself would come to about 280 euros but I don't think I would want to pay all that money.

Rent a longer ladder or Buy one and sell the one you have. Have you checked the likes of done deal etc???

Seriously you'd risk your life for the sake of a couple of hundred euro? One visit to A&E is €125.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Rent a longer ladder or Buy one and sell the one you have. Have you checked the likes of done deal etc???

Seriously you'd risk your life for the sake of a couple of hundred euro? One visit to A&E is €125.

A&E is 100 euro nowadays.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

geordief wrote: »

Either an MEWP or a quick stage alloy scaffold platform,hired out for the day,would be alot safer than trying to extend the top oif a 7+ meter ladder..

Also dont forget your fall protection/safety harness and lanyard.

Advertisement