Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History RSR

• 26-03-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I know that I've left it so late to start but I had no idea what I was to do, still don't really but I was wondering would the death and funeral of Harry Boland be a good topic to do it on? Answers would be much appreciated or if you have any other suggestions...thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

The best advice I can give here is to concentrate on a particular aspect of his life. Remember you only have 1500 words to write your extended essay - so it's good to keep a narrow focus.

As for the topic - if you have an interest in it go for it! It just might be a good idea to keep a narrower focus - ie. about his contribution to an event/events.

There's a fantastic guide to doing the RSR on www.hist.ie at this link, and I'd definitely advise you to read it.

http://www.scoilnet.ie/hist/article_topic.aspx?id=2138&nav=false

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RFitzy

The best advice I can give here is to concentrate on a particular aspect of his life. Remember you only have 1500 words to write your extended essay - so it's good to keep a narrow focus.

As for the topic - if you have an interest in it go for it! It just might be a good idea to keep a narrower focus - ie. about his contribution to an event/events.

There's a fantastic guide to doing the RSR on www.hist.ie at this link, and I'd definitely advise you to read it.

http://www.scoilnet.ie/hist/article_topic.aspx?id=2138&nav=false

Thank you! Would it be better to do it on his early life, I found out while doing some research that he went to school in a monestary down the road for three years so that might be of some help? I'm so confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Do it on whatever part of his life you think is of most interest. Death and funeral should be narrow enough to give a comprehensive account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Do it on whatever part of his life you think is of most interest. Death and funeral should be narrow enough to give a comprehensive account.

That's probably the best advice. Get together your sources and try and see what you have the most information on that's interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RFitzy

That's probably the best advice. Get together your sources and try and see what you have the most information on that's interesting :)

Thanks so much :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement