Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to embed youtube videos

Options
  • 26-03-2011 3:16pm

please help do i put the url in between the youtube part?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

No. You just need to put the bit after the question mark in between the
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yq_AkhPxj8

You just put in the "-Yq_AkhPxj8" bit and not the entire URL. Feel free to try it in this thread!

ok

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Close, but you left in the "v=" bit. Try again by taking out the "v=" bit...
    tnynll wrote: »
    ok

yay thanks mr moderator

• Advertisement

Welcome! Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Then use the test forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As psni said, this is the best way to do it.

You click the little youtube.gif button and paste the youtube code (the but after "v=" in the youtube URL)

It will look like this, if it looks any other way it'll probably not work.
    [noparse][/noparse]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Nhead

biko wrote: »
    As psni said, this is the best way to do it.

You click the little youtube.gif button and paste the youtube code (the but after "v=" in the youtube URL)

It will look like this, if it looks any other way it'll probably not work.
    [noparse][/noparse]

Cheers Mod, I have tried it but it still doesn't work for some reason!

• Advertisement

It does work. I had a look at all 4 of your attempts, and each time you got something wrong. Simply follow the instructions laid out in this thread step by step and you won't have a problem.

I wanted to enter the test area to get embedding a youtube clip right and I can't get in. I tried to post in two separate youtube testing threads and wasn't allowed in. Am I banned or something? Where can I go to do the test?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I wanted to enter the test area to get embedding a youtube clip right and I can't get in. I tried to post in two separate youtube testing threads and wasn't allowed in. Am I banned or something? Where can I go to do the test?

No, you're not banned from there, there should be no problem starting a new thread.

Spear wrote: »
    No, you're not banned from there, there should be no problem starting a new thread.

Thanks, I now realize that I each person sets up their own thread to do their test. I was trying to get crash other peoples. Another issue I was having is my trackpad was highlighting one of the square brackets when I clicked between the

Advertisement