Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holiday plant watering

Options
  • 26-03-2011 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any tips or know of any products that would water my outdoor potted plants when I'm away for 2 weeks as I don't have any neighbours I can call on to do it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

You can get cheap irrigation kits. But if you are not there you would need a timer too. Do a search on amazon.
    If the pots are not too big you could use capiliary matting. One end in the tub or water, the other end running into a dish or tray (holding the plant pot). The water will wick across.
    A good tip is bring them in and sit them in the bath. Leave a couple of cms of water in the bath. Will be a little messy, but the cold area, lack of light will slow growth and they should have enough water for a while.

Advertisement