Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry Fest Enniscorthy.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The giant banners along the new bridge are a good idea,catches the eye when coming onto the bridge from either side.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

On the front door of St Aidan's primary school there is a poster promoting the Jedward event at the Strawberry fest. There is a lot of parents not Impressed about having the poster on the Door. One woman said this morning she wouldn't mind a having the poster displayed if Jedward was a part of the Fest instead of paying €12 a head for her and her 3 children she said its unfair on parents having something like this poster on the school door for children to see.
    Anyhow that's an issue for the School principal to decide on .

Has any one seen the line-up for the fest in Waterford on July 30th.
    http://entertainment.ie/music/news/50-cent-for-waterford-music-fest/68445.htm
    This is Type of line up the Strawberryfest committee should have went for.
    50 cent, Flo Rida, Shayne Ward, Wonderland, Smash Hits, DJ Ahmed and Venem,

Also i do hope that the committee will put up Advertisements on the main roads into the County if they want to Attract people from outside Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

scaller wrote: »
    This is Type of line up the Strawberryfest committee should have went for.
    50 cent, Flo Rida, Shayne Ward, Wonderland, Smash Hits, DJ Ahmed and Venem,

not exactly a family friendly line up considering the first half of your post?
    No offence but that that sounds poo to be honest. i'd sooner pay €54 to see just the saw doctors and cry before dawn before that line up.

No offence Taken Ian7. :)
    The Waterford Fest organisers have their line up geered towards youth 17 -24 year olds who will pay €54 to attend not familys who have 3-4 children with them walking around with popcorn and candyfloss looking at Jedward jumping around on a Sunday afternoon. I would hope that 50cent and Florida will be performing at night. The Groups and music playing at the Waterford fest are modern compared to Cry Before Dawn, Sawdoctors and Ali Campbell playing in Enniscorthy. As we all know if the Strawberry fest is to go forward and grow from Strength to Strength each year the Music needs to be more modern not groups from 20 years ago who had 1 or 2 hits or an Ex lead singer from a band that still performs and both of them are in dispute over the band name which has cast a doubt over his performanc at the Fest. Out of both the Fests Cry Before Dawn would be the only group that i would be interested in. Sorry the Saw Doctors just dont do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Great advertisement for the fest today for the Obama visit. The Corona's, Ryan Sheridan and Jedward all part of the concert. Ryan Sheridan in particular rocked the place. The promoters must be delighted.

• Advertisement

Nice to see a full page ad in the gigs+festivals section of Fridays Star newspaper,should help greatly in drawing a crowd.
    The Rubberbandits also added to the lineup:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 UBd

With the risk of a "moderator" deleting another of my posts about the bad advertising, does anyone know if Ryan Adams is playing on the Saturday as advertised on the Fest website or on Sunday for free as advertised on his own facebook site??

***Please note... the above is a serious question, the comment below is cheeky humour, if permitted.............

(or is it Ali Campbell's RYAN SHERIDAN that is playing? :D meaning the real Ryan Sheridan can still do his own gig in Limerick that nite?)

It's still a shame that the Advertising banners are still only inside the Enniscorthy boundary's the amount of people arriving into the north of the county and take the R741 from Gorey to the south of the county that will never see an Advertising banner for the fest.

UBd wrote: »
    With the risk of a "moderator" deleting another of my posts about the bad advertising, does anyone know if Ryan Adams is playing on the Saturday as advertised on the Fest website or on Sunday for free as advertised on his own facebook site??

***Please note... the above is a serious question, the comment below is cheeky humour, if permitted.............

(or is it Ali Campbell's RYAN SHERIDAN that is playing? :D meaning the real Ryan Sheridan can still do his own gig in Limerick that nite?)

According to the website http://www.strawberryfest.ie/ He's playing for free.It's Ryan Sheridan btw;)
    I was under the impression he was playing the same night as Ali's UB40 but seems his gig is free entry which is sweet.

Ryan Adams... LOL

There is a quality free line up there for anyone who doesnt want to pay. Cant wait now going to be a great weekend.

• Advertisement

I see Faithless (faithless sound system) have been added to the Waterford fest line up.
    This is what the Strawberryfest needs. Imagine the likes of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrUjvONIrA Insominia or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02BUCVBHSKw
    God is A DJ,
    We come 1, Dont leave and Salva Mea. Echoing from Maxi jazz across the town and Slaney valley the last gig on a Saturday night.

thanks chevron, my apologies, meant ryan sheridan..... anyone know what the correct day for his wexford gig is and whether or not it's the real ryan sheridan?

I hear ya scaller about faithless..... another quality, established & world renowned act for Waterford...... I believe Rubberbandits have joined the Strawberry Fest.... About as family friendly as a bag of german beansprouts!

thanks zerks, they have him listed on the banner of the website as playing Saturday. His facebook page says sunday. The fest facebook page says this day two weeks..... I'm guessing Ryan Sheridan knows when his own gigs are and that the Strawberry Fest have mucked things up again?? Anyone know for sure?

Afaik, Ryan Adams has been moved from the paying gig on Saturday, to the free gig on Sunday.

Win Win. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 colm101

Hey

The three bands on Sunday before jedward have been changed to ticket events(they were free) !

This is a bummer ,I promised 4 young lads I'd bring them to see Thunderstruck, now I'd have to buy tickets for Jedward as well, I'd rather eat my own feet !

This is s**t.

C

colm101 wrote: »
    Hey

The three bands on Sunday before jedward have been changed to ticket events(they were free) !

This is a bummer ,I promised 4 young lads I'd bring them to see Thunderstruck, now I'd have to buy tickets for Jedward as well, I'd rather eat my own feet !

This is s**t.

C

Simple economics,if you want big names they cost money.The organisers can't simply allow people in for free then ask them to leave because an all ticket gig is due to take place.It's always a struggle to please everybody.

A lot of people are asking the same question regarding Jedward.
    How Many Tickets were sold. The word around town is that there was a lot more tickets sold than the capacity can take. Have the powers that be in Enniscorthy gotten greedy yet again. Also it seems that the organising for the Sunday Event wasn't planned well at the start By having free concerts before Jedward how were they supposed to get Thousands of people to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 colm101

scaller wrote: »
    A lot of people are asking the same question regarding Jedward.
    How Many Tickets were sold. The word around town is that there was a lot more tickets sold than the capacity can take. Have the powers that be in Enniscorthy gotten greedy yet again. Also it seems that the organising for the Sunday Event wasn't planned well at the start By having free concerts before Jedward how were they supposed to get Thousands of people to leave.

agree it would be mad to ask people to leave to let the jedward gig take place and then let them back in after, but how can people attend the "free" gig after either if theres a few thousand people (lots of kids)in the venue already !
    They should move Jedward to somewhere else and let us see some muscians perform.

I cant effin wait til tomorrow night. I went up around the site today and I must say it looks awesome. Big screens on stage, like a proper festival.

Looks the biz and the coronas and smash hits should be great craic to open it.

colm101 wrote: »
    agree it would be mad to ask people to leave to let the jedward gig take place and then let them back in after, but how can people attend the "free" gig after either if theres a few thousand people (lots of kids)in the venue already !
    They should move Jedward to somewhere else and let us see some muscians perform.

There are a lot of Concerned people over on Face-book asking questions for the last couple of days and not getting straight answers regarding the Ticket sales and crowd capacity for the jedward gig. Also on face-book their is a massive amount of unhappy people who paid €20-€22 to see Ryan Sheridan on Saturday night. The story doing the rounds is that it was known that Ryan Sheridan would draw a bigger ticket sales than Ali Campbell. So now you have people who paid to see Ryan Sheridan who have no interest in Ali Campbell who are now out of pocket. A lot local residents in the area of the venue have not received any of the promised free passes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Was promised a media pass earlier on in the year and told to liase with the organisers two weeks before the festival, Cue my emails being ignored and no sign of the pass. The whole thing is a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Good to see the positive vibes are hitting the forum well in advance of the event even kicking off.

So who's heading up, and what days/times?

Roll Call!!!

Ill be there tonight and tomorrow night, that's enough boozin tbh.

And Sunday afternoon with the chizler:rolleyes:

sounds like fawlty towers has been re-inacted as a concert event!! changing dates at last minute, not answering messages and e-mail, charging in to "free" gigs, advertising bands that won't be there.... and all this before it kicks off. Hope the Ryan Sheridan fans get their refund and hope there are no injuries if the Jedward gig is overcrowded...... the weather on Sunday is supposed to be fantastic so here's hoping the sunny southeast doesn't hit the headlines for the wrong reasons!

The venue will cater easily for a very large crowd.I was at the Coronas last night and they rocked the place.The Strawberry Fair is dead-Long live The Strawberry Fest!!!
    Organisation,facilities and security are top notch.I was a bit pessimistic heading down after such a wet day but everyone in the large crowd enjoyed themselves(wellies were the order of the day).
    They could easily fit 3 to 4 times the crowd that was there last night into the venue.
    Forget the hiccups with last minute changes to the lineups and go enjoy yourselves and support the Fest,we wanted a change and we got it.I for one want to see it going from strength to strength and this can only happen through public support.

What a night. I have to say they have pull out all the stops this year. Its like a mini Oxegen up there. The stage was amazing, the setup and co-ordination was second to none. The band were brilliant.

Pity the weather is not nicer, but at least the rain held off for the band.

I was really blown away.

I was told there was 4,000 there after night and that venue would hold at least the same again. For all those worried about overcrowding I wouldt worry at all.

I really hope it clears up for tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Bah, humbug. I kept the shutters closed last night and heard very little of the music noise. Sunday evening my festival kicks off with the Under 20 Rugby World Cup Final (Baby All Blacks vs England) at 6.10pm - venue uncertain but probably "The Antique" or "Hayes" so keep the noise down. Three pints of Heino max followed by a Chinese - bliss! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

any photos or videos?

Bah, humbug. I kept the shutters closed last night and heard very little of the music noise. Sunday evening my festival kicks off with the Under 20 Rugby World Cup Final (Baby All Blacks vs England) at 6.10pm - venue uncertain but probably "The Antique" or "Hayes" so keep the noise down. Three pints of Heino max followed by a Chinese - bliss! :D

Jaysus JD,you're showing your age,maybe we should bring back Richie Kavanagh and Johnny McEvoy for you.:D

Thumbs up for the kids entertainment in The Square today.Nice to see the sun appear,it'll help draw even more to the Fest.
    One sour note-I heard last night that some killjoys living in the Ross Road area were moaning over the 'noise' and the crowds,they should cop on a bit-there's worse inconvenience when there's a big match in Bellfield.At least there were no cars abandoned on the streets and 99% of the crowd that went to and left the venue headed down to the town so there was minimal disruption.

For one weekend it's a small price to pay so we can have a bit of fun and bring some life to the town.The self same moaners had no complaints when the town was thronged for the Fleadh Ceoil,it's just the 'modern music' that is pissing them off.
    Anyhow,I can't be there tonight but looking forward to Ryan Sheridan etc. tommorow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

I wouldn't consider myself a Corona's fan but last night was excellent and they do play a cracking set! Smash hits were pretty good too. There was such a good vibe up there, i just hope they build on it for next year. I reckon there'll be alot of lessons learned from this though. Nice to see a drunk-free square today too.

.......The bitter man doesn't know what he's missin.

Advertisement