Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry Fest Enniscorthy.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Are Status Quo really coming or is it a tribute band as the date doesn't show on their website? http://www.statusquo.co.uk/tourdates.html

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Are Status Quo really coming or is it a tribute band as the date doesn't show on their website? http://www.statusquo.co.uk/tourdates.html

Although Status Quo will only be known to some of Us for "Rockin' All Over The World", "Whatever You Want", "What You're Proposing", "In The Army Now" and their attempt on the Dion classic :o:o:o "The Wanderer".:o:o:o

I do hope its them and not another EX Singer and his new band playing cover songs and using the original bands name in a roundabout way to gain popularity. I am not able for all that again this year.

Maverick Sabre and The Complete Stone Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

It's the real status quo and not some tribute band or ex member show.

Personally I'm looking forward to
    Complete stone roses
    Maverick sabre
    The minutes
    Rob Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Decent line up,Status Quo are still very popular so they'll be a big draw.

Bit odd that the Sawdoctors are back,didn't catch them last year but heard their set was very oddly paced: They went straight from crowd pleasing,energetic numbers to slow,maudlin songs which killed the atmosphere.

Lets hope we don't get a repeat of last years shenanigans on this thread with some 'superfan' declaring that it's not "the real band" ala UB40.

Anyhow,pretty pleased with what's on offer-something for everyone.All we need now is the sunshine.

• Advertisement

scaller wrote: »
    Although Status Quo will only be known to some of Us for "Rockin' All Over The World", "Whatever You Want", "What You're Proposing", "In The Army Now" and their attempt on the Dion classic :o:o:o "The Wanderer".:o:o:o

I do hope its them and not another EX Singer and his new band playing cover songs and using the original bands name in a roundabout way to gain popularity. I am not able for all that again this year.

Jeez - you're just kidding I hope! Railroad, Gerdundula, Mean Girl and, at a pinch, Caroline but not the teeny bopper stuff. Who knows, I may even make myself go. :D

JD you are really showing our age now.:):). I was trying to knock 10- 15 years off of Us by naming those tunes.

I do hope that Status Quo dont ruin this classic that night.
    There can only be 1 true voice behind The Wanderer.

And that is DION

Great to hear ads for the Fest on National radio this morning,was listening to Ian Dempsey when the ad came on.Nice that this year it's getting even more exposure.
    The restrictions on roadside advertising last year was a bit of a farce and shame on those who imposed them.At least now the message is going nationwide,this can only lead to a bigger & better Festival:) The bigger the crowd,the bigger the budget & acts for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Will this sell out?

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Will this sell out?

I'd say so,no Oxygen Festival this year which makes any other festival an attraction, plus tickets are very reasonably priced which is a big plus these days.
    According to the organisers,more acts are to be added to the lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Are the complete stone roses playing on the Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

"Travelling Man" by the Original Rude Boys has been playing on BBC of late. I think the Friday may sell out here, Maverick Sabre and the Original Rude Boys are two very popular acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Does anyone have any idea where in town the campsites are located?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Mr Magners wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea where in town the campsites are located?

Last year I think they were in the showgrounds behind the stage itself. Other places they've had them in the past for Fleadhs would be the Rugby Club or the back pitch of Belfield.

I see the Strawberry fair organisers have been given permission to have the advertising banners further a field this year. last year the Strawberry fest promoter who was posting here told us that the advertising banners could not be placed outside the towns boundary. This year there is 1 massive banner on building on the quays in Wexford facing the bridge although it could do with some more stabilising
    As far as road signs go- in theory we cant go outside the Enniscorthy town council jurisdiction. Sounds mad but its fact. We risk them being taken down in an area we have no control over.

I wonder are there Advertising banners placed along the Wexford/Wicklow,Waterford,Carlow and Kilkenny borders also to catch the attention of the thousands of people coming to the county for the bank holiday weekend.

The strawberry fair was always the last week in June or 1st week in July why was there a change in dates this year.

The fair this year is on the same weekend as the Duncannon Military show and the Inistioge Summer festival these two events attract thousands of people and before some people starting jumping up and down I know Inistioge is in KK and these 2 festivals are not in the same league as a music fest but lots of people/Families from Wexford travel to both of them every year.

http://www.discoverireland.ie/Whats-On/duncannon-fort-annual-military-vehicle-re-enactment/15942

http://www.inistioge.ie/21/Inistioge_Summer_Festival_2012_event.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Have to hand it to the guys - its been very well advertised and sounds like its gonna be a good event!

scaller wrote: »
    I see the Strawberry fair organisers have been given permission to have the advertising banners further a field this year. last year the Strawberry fest promoter who was posting here told us that the advertising banners could not be placed outside the towns boundary. This year there is 1 massive banner on building on the quays in Wexford facing the bridge although it could do with some more stabilising

I wonder are there Advertising banners placed along the Wexford/Wicklow,Waterford,Carlow and Kilkenny borders also to catch the attention of the thousands of people coming to the county for the bank holiday weekend.

The strawberry fair was always the last week in June or 1st week in July why was there a change in dates this year.

The fair this year is on the same weekend as the Duncannon Military show and the Inistioge Summer festival these two events attract thousands of people and before some people starting jumping up and down I know Inistioge is in KK and these 2 festivals are not in the same league as a music fest but lots of people/Families from Wexford travel to both of them every year.

http://www.discoverireland.ie/Whats-On/duncannon-fort-annual-military-vehicle-re-enactment/15942

http://www.inistioge.ie/21/Inistioge_Summer_Festival_2012_event.html

There was a clash with other events so the date was changed (I was told why the other day but can't remember the details),not a problem imo,can't see the military show being in direct competition with it as it's something most people only ever go to once and 2 hours at a push would cover everything during a visit.I didn't even know there was a festival in Inistioge.

Just had a flick through the Festival guide,nice to see there are musicians playing on a 'buskers circuit' around the town,good bit of innovation there and beats the highlights of the past:remember a couple of years ago when the book sale was advertised as one of the highlights?

Hopefully the weather will be similar to this weeks.The €5 pints:eek: will be flying across the bar.

Stage Times have been released. Really looking forward to this now. If the weather holds it will be something else.

8354710.jpg

• Advertisement

Looks like a proper festival now with the various tents away from the main stage to cater for every taste.

Had my niece ask me "who are Status Quo?",teenagers lol:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Anyone know of transport to/from the fest on Sunday? Not feeling the whole designated driver vibe this weekend :D

Transport from where?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

TheChevron wrote: »
    Transport from where?

Oops, silly me! Wexford Town :pac:

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1300287394-2.pdf

Bus Eireann go on the hour from O Hanrahan Station from 8 in the morning. Returning from Enniscorthy at 5 to the hour from 8pm til 2am.

I think its about 8 euro return.

Forecast not good for the weekend,I had a look at the weather forum & today seems to be the best day weather wise.We might get lucky & get the worst of it late Saturday night.

TheChevron wrote: »
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1300287394-2.pdf

Bus Eireann go on the hour from O Hanrahan Station from 8 in the morning. Returning from Enniscorthy at 5 to the hour from 8pm til 2am.

I think its about 8 euro return.

Are you the only person apart from CIE to refer to Wexford Railway Station as O'Hanrahan Station? Do you also call Rosslare Harbour - Rosslare Europort? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Do you also call Rosslare Harbour - Rosslare Europort? :D

The train doesn't go to Rosslare Europort anymore!
    It stops 300m short of the port, forcing passengers to walk - only in Ireland :D

I was at the Strawberry Fest Ball last night in the Riverside. Had a great time - great food, great band, great night. Well done to all the organisers.

Are you the only person apart from CIE to refer to Wexford Railway Station as O'Hanrahan Station? Do you also call Rosslare Harbour - Rosslare Europort? :D
    ctrl+c :pac:

• Advertisement

Nice to see a buzz about the town last night and from my experience at least,everyone was well behaved.

Advertisement