Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry Fest Enniscorthy.

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bump.

Funky new website: http://www.strawberryfest.ie/

€11.50 per ticket for the 'big' acts is reasonable imo,you'd pay 3 times that to see them in Vicar Street etc.Lets hope we don't have the fiasco that ruined the first night last season for both punters and the band who were deprived of the audience they deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

zerks wrote: »
    Bump.

Funky new website: http://www.strawberryfest.ie/

€11.50 per ticket for the 'big' acts is reasonable imo,you'd pay 3 times that to see them in Vicar Street etc.Lets hope we don't have the fiasco that ruined the first night last season for both punters and the band who were deprived of the audience they deserved.

Bah! Humbug! I'll do what I always do and try and avoid the thing - difficult when you live in the heart of town. :D

Bah! Humbug! I'll do what I always do and try and avoid the thing - difficult when you live in the heart of town. :D

And that's the mentality that nearly killed it,I normally agree with you on things but not this time.With the location,it doesn't really impact the day to day goings on in the town - not that they are exciting anyway.

The Big Red Barn is taking shape in the L&N car park.It looks the part and will hopefully do away with the ticketing fiasco we saw last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Very decent prices for the acts that are playing. It should do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 crazyfrog1985

big red barn! Nothing really big about it! seriously down hill from last year. From a good outdoor festival to a glorified garden shed, which we now have to pay to get into. As it was free last year with Much BETTER bands, which prob cost more than the ones there this year. Im assuming the money must be to pay for the shed. Then again suppose it will be big enough for the crowds the likes of wallace b is going to draw!

Apart from The Big Red Barn,you'd never know there was a festival on around the town,it was like something you'd see in an episode of Father Ted.I felt sorry for the band playing in the Market Square on Saturday afternoon,they were decent but playing to about 40 people.
    The food stalls which were advertised for Rafter St. was some let down,myself & the missus were like "is that it"? A token food stand at the end of the street,very underwhelming.
    At least the pubs made a killing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Apart from The Big Red Barn,you'd never know there was a festival on around the town,it was like something you'd see in an episode of Father Ted.I felt sorry for the band playing in the Market Square on Saturday afternoon,they were decent but playing to about 40 people.
    The food stalls which were advertised for Rafter St. was some let down,myself & the missus were like "is that it"? A token food stand at the end of the street,very underwhelming.

I hear that there was plenty of drink fueled 'activity' in the Big Red Barn - the usual suspects. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

the only reason anyone would have to attend the strawberry fair is to try to get your stolen stuff back. it's just another opportunity for the misunderstood gypsies to dump their ****e for someone else to clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Fairly half hearted attempt this weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement