Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry Fest Enniscorthy.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

zerks wrote: »

Zerks. It's funny how they are playing to an empty stadium in the Video
    I wonder will it be the same in June in Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

LOL, nice post edit there Scaller to remove the bit where you said "this is my last post on the matter". Smoooth ;)

TheChevron wrote: »
    LOL, nice post edit there Scaller to remove the bit where you said "this is my last post on the matter". Smoooth ;)

I had a change of heart TheChevron why is it a problem to you.

No problem at all...funny though:D

• Advertisement

No problem at all...funny though:D

No bother everyone to their own.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭discobrother1

If you want to apply for one of these you can do so by contacting Treacys Hotel or D- Bar from Tomorrow onwards. They will post you an official invite for free. Sorry that its invite only but as most of you would know, Capacity is very limited.

14bjfgl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Dougal.

I can't see the likes of UB40 or any other band from the 80s been a hit with the younger generation of Enniscorthy if they are to play down there. I know who UB40 are i listened to them over 30years ago. But i do think that more modern music and groups are needed to bring this festival forward not the likes of a band that was big in the early 80s. Regarding funding i agree with one of the other posters its up to the local busniessess to cough up towards the Gigs after all its these guys who will profit the most from it.

Just a few more days left till all details unvieled guys.

Just to fill you in on ticketing system in place for this years Festival.

Friday- general admission free
    Saturday- main headline event. Tickets only 20 euro
    Sunday night- general admission free.

Vip weather proof weekend tickets only 30 euro. This means you would benefit from the following for all 3 nights. Over 18s only.

Fully covered in the event of rain
    your own private bar with cocktails and increased bar options
    clear view of main stage for all shows.
    A chance to mingle with the acts.
    Guaranteed admission in the event of an early sell out

Tickets available from Ticketmaster nationwide at 9 am monday april 11th.
    Cheapest tickets available from local official re sellers. Details on forthcoming site www.strawberryfest.ie
    Remember strawberry fest has a very capped capacity due to planning regulations therefore its a good idea to purchase tickets early

Discobrother, is there any truth to the rumour that Philomena Begley is playing on the Friday night?

Philomena%20Begley.jpg

• Advertisement

Heres a clue

SmashHIts20111.jpg

Heres a clue

SmashHIts20111.jpg
    Black Eyed Peas!! Deadly!

G L C, sweet.:D

I think thetre called... Lmfao. The killers for next years strawberry fest...what ya recon chevron. Surely theyll be playing oxegen and mcd wont mind us taking them for a little earm up down here. If not them maybe daft punk might say yes.

So it is only part of the origional UB40 that is headlining the Strawberry fair
    I can't see many teenagers and Under 25's paying money to see the likes of ALI Cambell. Does anyone else know what other groups are playing or is there any group that will attract a big younger age crowd like Jedward did in New Ross last year.

I was out of the county last night and didnt hear who else is playing at this years fest. I was hoping that some of the other posters here were at the the launch last night and would list out the groups. I am sure that the 2 local news papers were invited to the launch and will have articles about it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm laughing my head off reading this they couldn't even get UB40 instead they got a bloke that used to be in the band. A UB40 tribute act is the headlining event at this year Strawberry Fair oops sorry Strawberry Fest.

Bad choice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

if its anyone that needs to hang up his jacket its ali campbell.

not a great line up.......

Dougal. wrote: »
    So it is only part of the origional UB40 that is headlining the Strawberry fair
    I can't see many teenagers and Under 25's paying money to see the likes of ALI Cambell. Does anyone else know what other groups are playing or is there any group that will attract a big younger age crowd like Jedward did in New Ross last year.
    I went down to the launch party last night. Jedward are DEFINITELY playing on the Sunday afternoon.

Free entry on Friday and Sunday. Only cover charge is for UB40 on sat night, 20 quid.

These were playing at the launch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7RfWjQbz2s&feature=fvwrel

• Advertisement

Anyone got the full line up for Strawberry Fest? Website seems to be down http://www.strawberryfest.ie/ :confused:

I went down to the launch party last night. Jedward are DEFINITELY playing on the Sunday afternoon.

Free entry on Friday and Sunday. Only cover charge is for UB40 on sat night, 20 quid.

These were playing at the launch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7RfWjQbz2s&feature=fvwrel

TheChevron Who else is playing at this Fest. We all knew it was UB40/Ali Campbell, Cry before dawn, now Jedward {they will draw the crowd and generate business} Some people today are saying the Saw doctors {1 hit wonders}are also playing. Some people last week mentioned The Coronas.
    I do hope that there is some sort of DJ's or music lined up for the 18 to 25 year olds.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I'm laughing my head off reading this they couldn't even get UB40 instead they got a bloke that used to be in the band. A UB40 tribute act is the headlining event at this year Strawberry Fair oops sorry Strawberry Fest.

Bad choice indeed.

I would really like to know what the fee is to get Ali Campbel to perform at the strawberry fest.

Fri:
    The Coronas
    Smash Hits

Sat:
    UB40
    Ryan Sheridan

Sunday:
    The Saw Doctors
    Cry Before Dawn
    Jedward

More tbc afaik.

Apart From Cry before Dawn and maybe Jedward there is not much of Crowd pullers in the line ups. Is Ali Campbel the only act that people will have to pay €20 to see,

Dougal. wrote: »
    Apart From Cry before Dawn and maybe Jedward there is not much of Crowd pullers in the line ups. Is Ali Campbel the only act that people will have to pay €20 to see,
    Thats what they said. Free friday and sunday,. 20 euro on saturday.

So you would have Cry before Dawn ahead of UB40 in the crowd pulling stakes?

LULZ.

UB40 still have a large following (of a certain age)and Ryan Sheridan is very talented.I was listening to Ian Dempsey earlier and texts were read out regarding Cry Before Dawn playing in Dublin last night-all very positive.If people travelled from Donegal to Dublin to pay and see them,then a free gig in Enniscorthy should be a big draw.
    Note to organisers-Get advertising nationwide starting now,don't just keep it regional or depend on Bord Failte etc.
    After last years farce a lot of hearts and minds need to be won.And if nobody knows about it apart from readers of the local press then the festival is in trouble.

Here's a tip for organisers-have banners or something similar down at both bridges in the town before and during the festival.How many potential attendees and business(revenue) simply passes by not knowing anything is on in the town? A huge amount of weekenders from Dublin and surrounding areas pass through heading for the beaches and holiday homes every weekend so we need to entice them to stop off in the town.
    Last year anyone travelling along the N11 through the town had no idea anything was actually on in Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

UB40 still have a large following (of a certain age)and Ryan Sheridan is very talented.I was listening to Ian Dempsey earlier and texts were read out regarding Cry Before Dawn playing in Dublin last night-all very positive.If people travelled from Donegal to Dublin to pay and see them,then a free gig in Enniscorthy should be a big draw.

It isn't UB40 playing its the bloke that used to be in the band singing a few UB40 songs and his own solo stuff which isn't that well known you will have people sitting there bored while he plays his own stuff waiting for the old UB40 numbers.

Cry Before Dawn have a large following and there fans will travel to see them plus there getting new fans who weren't around the first time to see them.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    It isn't UB40 playing its the bloke that used to be in the band singing a few UB40 songs and his own solo stuff which isn't that well known you will have people sitting there bored while he plays his own stuff waiting for the old UB40 numbers.

Cry Before Dawn have a large following and there fans will travel to see them plus there getting new fans who weren't around the first time to see them.
    The "bloke that used to be in the band" was the frontman and lead singer, and the person who most people would recognise when they think of UB40. I dont know the full reasons for the split and am not bothered reading up on it, but he now tours as

Ali Cambells
    UB40

written like that :)

• Advertisement

After last years farce a lot of hearts and minds need to be won.And if nobody knows about it apart from readers of the local press then the festival is in trouble.

Here's a tip for organisers-have banners or something similar down at both bridges in the town before and during the festival.How many potential attendees and business(revenue) simply passes by not knowing anything is on in the town? A huge amount of weekenders from Dublin and surrounding areas pass through heading for the beaches and holiday homes every weekend so we need to entice them to stop off in the town.
    Last year anyone travelling along the N11 through the town had no idea anything was actually on in Enniscorthy.

Couldnt agree more with you Zerks. Banners need to be put up all along the N11 up as far as Jack Whites.

Advertisement