Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does \thread mean?

Options
  • 26-03-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

I am not a newbie, but I'm obviosly too old to know what this means. Google doesn't know either, so this will be a service to humanity.

What does it mean?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

/thread would be someone suggesting that the thread is closed. Argument over. No further discussion needed. Comes from the likes of tags used in HTML code.

\thread would be someone getting their slashes the wrong way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Its to do with HTML tags. Say you want to make a word bold, you put <b> before the word. Then to stop the next word being bold you put </b>. This ends the tag.

So its kind of a geeky way of saying end thread, or this is the right answer end this thread (/thread)

/thread :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh, I feel sooooo old. Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

/thread

:D

I'm old too - don't let that bother you :cool:

Advertisement