Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rising damp

• 26-03-2011 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi Folks,
    Our house which is 6 yrs old has started to develop rising damp which has peeled all the paint off about 6 inches from the skirting in kitchen. We've just realised that the pipes from the guttering were put under the path outside!!! If we relay the pipes to a soakage pit, will the dampness on the walls eventually dry out or is there something else we can do :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Some musings:
    kitchen = appliances such as d/washer/clothes washer/sink/ pipes buried in concrete floor/ plastic DPC under floor means water from a leaking pipe may have no where else to go.
    I don't think its the rainwater gutters because path should be 6" below wall dpc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bozley

All my appliances are in the utility room bar my sink which is the other side of kitchen. It was suggested to us last week by a builder friend of ours that maybe no dpc was used at all..........................That is against building regs isn't it??:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭jj build

Hi ,sounds like a pipe leaking in the floor or the wall ,if there where no dpc the damp would be a lot hire.Can you put photos up .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭DUB777

No DPC or DPM is a serious breach of the reg's & an expensive one to fix.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭El Camino

Hi guys,

I've a similar issue myself (see picture attached). I thought this was due to a leak with the radiator but there has never been a drop of water on the floor in the area. I've a similar issue under 2 radiators, both on internal walls and the same bubbling of paint on an external wall with no radiator nearby.

Any ideas as to what this might be?

Is it likely to be a leaking pipe underground or DPC issue?

wall.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement