Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conceiving with one ovary

Options
  • 26-03-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I had surgery yesterday for my endometriosis (my 4th surgery) and was told that I have to have more surgery in September because the surgeon wants to remove my right ovary. My endo is extremely bad and I'm not even ovulating from that side so it makes sense to take it out. I have accepted that.
    However, has anyone any good news stories about conceiving naturally with one ovary? I don't think we could ever afford IVF, although I know we would somehow find the money if that was our only option.
    I'm really hoping someone can shed some light on this because I'm terrified that this is the end of the road for us.
    We have one little miracle boy who is almost 2 but I would do anything to give him a brother or sister. :(
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

I had an ovarian cyst removed when I was 18. I didn't know until 15 years later that the ovary had also been removed!!! I had two children and got pregnant normally and easily....

hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 zealano

I had my right fallopian removed after it burst as a result of an ectopic pregnancy. At the time I had one 2yr old daughter and was fearful that I would not conceive again. But I went on to have three more children all before the eldest was eight. So no problems conceiving. Good luck.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

A close friend had an etopic and lost the fallopian tube and ovary. She went on to have 3 perfect children in quick succession - she thought she would have trouble getting pregnant on the second so the child kinda took her by surprise, as did the last one. :D she is on the coil now so that she doesnt get caught out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Oh thank you so much for these wonderful stories. It means so much to have hope.
    To Snowdaze and Zealano (and Neyite's friend) - sorry that you have had to go through such hardship but happy that you have come out the other side.
    Thanks again. :)

Advertisement