Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrolux Double Oven

Options
  • 26-03-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My electrolux oven is about 8 years old and the other day the oven part stopped working.

The light by the knob came on when i turned on the oven but 20 mins later when i checked it it was still cold!!!!

I googled this problem and most people have said its more than likely the fan. But when i had a look the fan its still turning...does this sound right anyone any ideas what might be wrong...????:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

probably the element gone in it had a similar prob last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6 newbie26

Ok thanks.... Do you know if i could do this myself and how much does an element cost???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I would not just go buying an element before confirming it for certain first. Burnt connection somewhere, oven thermostat etc are other causes of this. A good chance the element is gone, but if it was the stat and you buy an element then your wasting money.

Guess its going to cost me to have it looked at so...!!

Cheers

newbie26 wrote: »
    Guess its going to cost me to have it looked at so...!!

Cheers

Well if you had a multi meter it would be easy enough to do the tests, but for a sparks it would be easier. It could well be the element, and probably is, especially of the thermostat is turning the oven light on and off. If you know someone like a friend that can test it then that would be the best thing. Where are you living?

• Advertisement

Im in Bray....

Honestly i wouldnt have a clue...just thought it might be an easy enough job to be talked through as i have seen some step by steps when i googled it!!!

Best get someone to look so. If you were up near here i would of looked, bit of a trek though. Any sparks would confirm its the element. Elements can be ordered online cheap enough for most oven makes if it is that.

Thanks....will do!!

Advertisement