Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About mail/delivery/post office in dublin.

Options
  • 26-03-2011 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, not sure if it's a right section, but couldn't find any better one to fit this question in.

I got a bit of problem, I usually order things from ebay, small things such as Cd's , diodes, camera lenses, wires. They all are usually delivered and fit into hole in door for letters. Ok that's fine I receive item. I am never at home during day, I am in school, so I can't really accept items and parent's arent at home. Lets say if I order a shirt or jacket , or something big that wont fit into hole in door, what would happen? would item be sent back? Or will the post man keep coming everyday ringing door bell? I live in house which is split into 10 flats. But I know no one will steal anything. So what will happen?

Oh btw my area is: Ranelagh, I live few metres away from post office.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It would go back to your local sorting/delivery office untill you collect it. The postman will leave a delivery notice for you, with the details where to collect it, and if its a parcel/packet etc and if its registered or not and the tracking code.

If its not collected, then its returned to sender. Time vary on country of origin.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

1. what the hell is a diodes?

2. they usually leave a slip saying it can be collected in the sorting office from the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

1. what the hell is a diodes?

2. they usually leave a slip saying it can be collected in the sorting office from the next day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode

Electric diode?

Diodes = More than 1 diode.

Advertisement