Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lidl satellite tv pack

• 26-03-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Lidl are selling a satellite tv set for camping at the moment for €69.99. Bought one yesterday. Haven't tried it out yet, but it looks the business. It comes with a sucker attachment for the roof of the van, a clamp to mount it on a pole, or you can use it directly from the carrying case it comes in. Receiver and cable included. They even throw in a couple of batteries for the remote and a compass to help locate the satellite.:) Has anybody else tried it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

got one last yr and its ok , but there are other threads here where some have said the same and other rubbished it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

its good enough alright
    tricky to get set up initially
    but now i can have it up and running in less than a minute
    my advice would be to practice at home out the back ,with an idea of the direction of other satellite dishes on local houses
    bring out your portable tv and move the dish small steps at a time leave a gap of 1sec before moving the dish on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

They are a great yoke u can tune into all the Irish radio stations when your abroad. You can setup a list of favourite channels to filter out all the stuff u don't want it's very compact and it runs on 12V so perfect for the camper.
    I used install dishes on the side when I left college and I can easily say they are easier than most dished to setup.
    You can actually use the decoder on this as a satellite finder which I find really handy. Don't need the tv plugged in to find a signal
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Out of curiosity, has anybody used the dish with a sky box? My sky box comes on holidays with me but I use a small sky dish with it. The Lidl one might be easier to pack and mount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I don't see it making any difference so long as its pointing the right way. Conversely my parents use the old sky dish for free to air on a free to air box. Didn't need to move the dish or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The lidl's camping dish is a bit small for use in Ireland. 60cm is considered the minimum for reliable reception in all weather conditions here, but you may get away with it in the east or south (it'll get less reliable further west you go), and in good weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Macy0161 wrote: »
    The lidl's camping dish is a bit small for use in Ireland. 60cm is considered the minimum for reliable reception in all weather conditions here, but you may get away with it in the east or south (it'll get less reliable further west you go), and in good weather.

It works perfect in Ireland .. On the west coast too. Just make sure you get a good signal strength and you Wong have any issues
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

martyc5674 wrote: »
    It works perfect in Ireland .. On the west coast too. Just make sure you get a good signal strength and you Wong have any issues
    Marty.

agree marty
    used mine mayo sligo donegal
    no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

meercat wrote: »
    agree marty
    used mine mayo sligo donegal
    no problems
    yep all of the above and more we have had the little dish working as far south as bordeaux (mine is the small metal one) its a fine bit of kit for our camping needs
    @stapeler i dont see why it wouldnt,save you dragging a full size sky dish around, try it at home first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Might give it a bash and see what happens. Cheers all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement