Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident evil Raccoon city announced

Options
  • 26-03-2011 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

I heard bout this a few months back but it seems Resident evil Raccoon city was announced by xbox magazine made by Slant six the developers behind the socom games for psp and confrontation on ps3. the concept sounds cool but im not to happy with slant six developing it considering their other games they done. anyways link is below for anyone to read , i just stick to the hd version of resident evil 4 for now :)

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/03/25/resident-evil-raccoon-city-announced-in-xbox-mag/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sounds like Left for Dead tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Unless this game is epic (Which I highly doubt) it will only further my point that the gaming franchise should have ended at RE4.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fir me it died past veronica... Re4 was the nail in a coffin, re5 burried re name.

Wasn't the idea of horror survival - isolation? It looks like in new one there will be more characters then actual zombies to kill...

Well atleast I hope they bringing in zombies, nor crazed villagers...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Sounds a bit too like left for dead alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://kotaku.com/#!5787191/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-citys-first-teaser-shows+off-fast+paced-zombie-slaughter

yup left 4 dead capcom style.

So actually trying to play online will prove impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It was dead after RE2 IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Gameplay footage , it;s a long one.

From flicking through it , my interest is gone from mild to negative :(

Edit: as posted on other sites , the footage is embarrassingly poor quality given it;s from capcoms official youtube channel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Am I the only one who found Resident Evil 1,2,3,4 and 5 all really fun?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ríomhaire wrote: »
    Am I the only one who found Resident Evil 1,2,3,4 and 5 all really fun?

I'm with you on that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't enjoy 5, but the others were great. This looks pretty bad though (although the quality is awful).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

This looks like the most derivitave and uninspired entry in the series to date

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No-else milks a franchise into the ground like Capcom.

Haha. No. Every major games publisher does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

After 5 and seeing that, I won't even bother hiring this out.

Thats activisions crown ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

calex71 wrote: »
    Thats activisions crown ;)

I dunno. I mean Raccoon City will be the 17th Resident Evil game, and that's not even counting Directors Cuts, re-releases or remakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

We'll see if they bring out Super Resident Evil 5 with more stages and characters; and Super Resi 5 3D. Oh shít that's also capcom :o

I dunno. I mean Raccoon City will be the 17th Resident Evil game, and that's not even counting Directors Cuts, re-releases or remakes.

What :eek: I never realised there were so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah have a look at the chart on the right
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_evil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

jaykhunter wrote: »
    We'll see if they bring out Super Resident Evil 5 with more stages and characters; and Super Resi 5 3D. Oh shít that's also capcom :o

Didn't they actually do this? RE5, Gold Edition, Move edition, and I'm pretty sure there's one more version but can't remember it (could be totally wrong),

Anyway, this game is definitely the nail in the coffin for me with Resident Evil. Will enjoy the HD re-releases of the old games then put it to bed to move on. It has literally become a zombie of a franchise with the resurrections Capcom has inhumanely practiced on it and franchises like it.

• Advertisement

Didn't they actually do this? RE5, Gold Edition, Move edition, and I'm pretty sure there's one more version but can't remember it (could be totally wrong),

Anyway, this game is definitely the nail in the coffin for me with Resident Evil. Will enjoy the HD re-releases of the old games then put it to bed to move on. It has literally become a zombie of a franchise with the resurrections Capcom has inhumanely practiced on it and franchises like it.
    Gold Edition was just the game + DLC/expansions. Lots of games get repackaged with their expansions. Dawn of War Gold, Company of Heroes Gold, Half-Life Anthology, STALKER Gold etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Every Resi Evil game has been a neglected child of capcom, the 1st couple got attention and matured well but then the parents got old and tired, the rest were victims of child abuse and went the wrong way in life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Gandalph wrote: »
    Every Resi Evil game has been a neglected child of capcom, the 1st couple got attention and matured well but then the parents got old and tired, the rest were victims of child abuse and went the wrong way in life

Resident Evil 4...

i love how monsters in RE were an enemy and you were scared of them. now its just an obsticle, which is just.... meh and not a threat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

There's nothing dead about the RE franchise, 5 is highest selling entry in the series:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

That being said, Operation Raccoon City doesn't look too inspiring!

Mr. K wrote: »
    There's nothing dead about the RE franchise, 5 is highest selling entry in the series:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

That being said, Operation Raccoon City doesn't look too inspiring!

i still cant understand the popularity of RE5. horror survival is dead thanks to RE5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Resident Evil 5 is a great game if you alter your expectations of what a RE title should be. It still had the trappings of a survival horror which meant Inventory/ammo management was still key. You HAVE to work together in RE5. It's one of the few online games where I really felt I had to rely on my partner. Best co-op experience I've had on LIVE. Of course, the SP part suffered as a result. You couldn't really play RE5 alone which is why so many people seemed to hate it.

While RE5 was good for all that this just looks like a load of old recycled ideas from other squad based shooters. There's none of the urgency of any of the other titles. The zombies are barely a threat. I don't get the sense that your fellow FOXHOUND rejects are more than just faceless goons with guns either

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

A review from Gamespot;

IGN gave it a "Bad" review of 4.0. I'm going to assume that CAPCOM didn't give them a big enough bribe for a good review. :p

Perhaps the reviews don't do it justice, but I was looking forward to this as being a fun co-op experience in a interesting, iconic universe. Maybe Collonial Marines will fill that void... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,073 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Mindkiller wrote: »
    You couldn't really play RE5 alone which is why so many people seemed to hate it.

This is why 5 was so so so so so so so so bad. I get it, you wanted to make a game that 2 people could play together, but why not leave it so that 1 person could play it? RE4 did that perfectly, and they went and fooked it up.

I won't be buying another Resi (except for the HD 4). Series is long dead. Unless they do something special with 6, but i doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Anyone who played confrontation knew this was a disaster from the get go , dont worry though maybe their be an ultimate resident evil racoon city game or an gold edition for move support because put a ribbon on a piece of **** is just a prettier piece of ****:pac:

Advertisement