Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here comes the Summer (time) !

Options
  • 26-03-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

The clocks go forward to Summer Time tonight ! Is anyone else looking forward to it ?

Its one of my favourite moments of the whole year , as it means the evenings will be so much brighter and the sun will be shining long after work has finished. It means we've survived another winter, seen off all the snow, frozen pipes and colds and flu, and now its time to get outdoors and enjoy the garden and the parks and all the "summer places" like walking down Dun Laoghaire pier, heading to Marley Park, and all the other stuff that you can't really do when its dark.

In our house we always do the clock changing just before going to bed , and its almost a magical moment that starts the summer :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

I like most of the seasons, there are a good few things I love about winter too, but definitely looking forward to [hoping for], plenty of BBQs, eating outside at cafes, drinking outside[ something very pleasurable about having a few relaxing drinks in a nice outdoor spot on a sunny day,] a few trips to the beach, and some camping.
    It's also great that it's no longer dark when I'm home from college!
    Hopefully we get some good weather for the summer, not just a few good days.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

When do/did the clocks go forward? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BloodRedRose

They went forward on Sunday morning at 1!!! less sleep!!! noooo..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Went forward, I was out late and up early following day :(

Least they didn't shift Sunday night... The stretch in evening is nice, if only the weather would mirror it, miss the weather of last week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Well, we've had a spell of wonderful spring weather and the fact that the days are getting longer and the evening are getting brighter makes it all the better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I really do love these long days and warm sunny weather. I think we all suffer slightly from seasonal depression, that first months after Xmas is nasty.
    More sun tomorrow please

Advertisement