Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband and WoW

Options
  • 26-03-2011 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey, switched to Vodafone broadband the other day, over from Eircom. This is not the wireless broadband, but I've still noticed that I'm consistenly on 300-400 latency now with Vodafone which is an increase of about 100-150ms from Eircom.

I've also saw there is alot of QQ on the Tech Support forums on the WoW website so I'm wondering are people who aren't on Vodafone Broadband experiencing this lag or is it just my new Net provider? :confused:

Ta in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

As said in the UPC thread, the way your bandwidth is given to you sometimes is in conflict with the needs of certain mmo's :D

I have played various mmo's on my o2 dongle (i do have a mast only 10 miles or so away) fine and no latency issues even running 2 accounts etc, the only programmes i have problem with are voicecomms like vent/ts at times and alot of that is down to my laptops **** built in soundcard (Realtek audio trash)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

I have vodafone broadband as well and I find it works fine most of the time. I did have some serious lagging problems alright on Friday for some reason but that would be unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

I know that Telia reported issues with their lines on Friday which i'm pretty sure is the main backbone of Europe though I could be wrong. Your lag issues could have been related to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Run a tracert to the servers is always the best way to diagnose this. If the latency is between you and your ISP, its either you or their fault, if it's between them and the rest of the net, its something they should resolve, if its beyond that you can raise it with them but it usually resolves itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

There's a big thread on the wow forums atm about not being able to get into wow today. A common theme is nearly everyone having these problems have Vodafone as their isp. Not just in Ireland but Europe-wide. I've been trying to log in for the last hour. I'm only two bars off dinging 85 so it's v e r y annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1910651230?page=18
    18 pages and counting
    supposedly vodafone say nothings wrong at their end , blizzard say the same .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

My only problem is my client keeps crashing every couple hours :p

Advertisement