Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Gamers Quiz

Options
  • 26-03-2011 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Are you a gamer??

Find out here :)

I got 42% gamer (I dunno how as i guessed on most of them :D)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

GENUINE ULTIMATE SUPER GAMER 76%

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Got 64%. Much better that I expected. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

76 and i clicked 4 wrong that I ****ing knew were wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

82% and i also cocked up a few

wait till Retro and Healium find this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

88%.... some stupid mistakes too, should have been higher.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

78%

Few silly answers too. Happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

78%, I'm happy with that result :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

66%.

Two out of three ain't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ThatGuyHughesy

74% I pretty happy with that... Some stupid mistakes though!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

82 % with a fair few guesses haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

88%. Not going to complain. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

88% with 2 or 3 "I bloody knew that one!" answers. Should have been at least 90% :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

88%, missed Doom in the text of the "How are SF, MK, DoA and Doom all related" and picked beat-em-ups :(

Also didnt know a KI character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

82%. Didnt read a couple of questions properly and got them wrong. A consequence of doing it at nearly 1 in the morning. Still better than i thought i'd get though.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

80% with a few guesses :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

74% I pretty happy with that... Some stupid mistakes though!

Ditto.

Probably coulda got 2 or 3 extra right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    88%, missed Doom in the text of the "How are SF, MK, DoA and Doom all related" and picked beat-em-ups :(

Made that mistake too, never reading the question properly!

But I guessed a few so makes up for it I suppose. 72% should have been a bit higher few accidents in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

84%, it's an easy enough quiz but would have been handier had I played Half Life and Counterstrike!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Skerries wrote: »
    82% and i also cocked up a few

wait till Retro and Healium find this ;)
    Ack, prepare to be disappointed. My but 19 years on this earth have left me devoid of lots of Nintendo and PC knowledge

72%, quite a few guesses

Still, I knew Half-Life, Command & Conquer, Civ, SimCity... :D

Just... not... "HU IS DIS 2D, PIXELATED BAD GUY?" or "WUT IS DIS SPIRAL IN THE CENTRE OF ZE MAP?" (Guessed that one right, though!)

Edit: 888 posts. Never posting again. Suck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

92% a few were guesses like the dune faction question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

80%, missed some obvious ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Also 92% but very few guesses, they made some I wouldn't know too easy due to unlikely other options.

I never played dune 2, got that one wrong. I got the WoW one wrong too even though I did play that for a couple of months back in 06.

**edit**
    Healium wrote: »
    My but 19 years on this earth have left me devoid of lots of Nintendo and PC knowledge

Still, I knew Half-Life, Command & Conquer, Civ, SimCity...

Woah way to make a gamer feel old :p Bit mad when people start talking about games such as Half Life like its Space Wars or something... :eek:

But yeah I imagine gamers born in the 90's will find that quiz a lot harder then the rest of us.:P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

90% I r old skool.

Warning some of the questions are quite poorly written... for example :
    Descent could be played over the internet but the ability to do so came out AFTER Quake.... so technically Quake was the first, but Descent was released first.

Some are just silly, like the Bomberman one... the original Bomberman looked nothing like that (he had a cape for a start)

And some are just plain wrong... like the APC Amoured Personnel Carrier in Halo was originally called the M12 LRV Armoured Personnel Carrier until the mechanima series Red Versus Blue made jokes about it being called a Warthog (or Puma or Unicorn) and Bungie honoured them by changing its nick name in the game to that.

I'm just narked I didnt get 100% :p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Sisko wrote: »
    Woah way to make a gamer feel old :p Bit mad when people start talking about games such as Half Life like its Space Wars or something... :eek:

But yeah I imagine gamers born in the 90's will find that quiz a lot harder then the rest of us.:P
    I missed Half-Life 1, but I looooove HL2. One good thing about the time between HL games is that a new generation can get in on the action. EPISODE 3, PLZ

Yeah, found the Nintendo and retro consoles ones hard (At least I know what a Dreamcast controller LOOKS like... little victories :o )

My gaming history goes: Gameboy -> Playstation -> PS2 -> Xbox 360

What's a Gamecube? Sonic the WHO? What d'ya mean only two dimensions? Needs MOAR bloody screen. :D

Also, rage @ the strategy question. "Which of these is an RTS?" *sees Civ at the top, no need to keep reading*

"WRONG. Civ is a turn-based strategy game. LOL NUB."

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Healium wrote: »
    I missed Half-Life 1, but I looooove HL2. One good thing about the time between HL games is that a new generation can get in on the action. EPISODE 3, PLZ

Yeah, found the Nintendo and retro consoles ones hard (At least I know what a Dreamcast controller LOOKS like... little victories :o )

My gaming history goes: Gameboy -> Playstation -> PS2 -> Xbox 360

What's a Gamecube? Sonic the WHO? What d'ya mean only two dimensions? Needs MOAR bloody screen. :D

Also, rage @ the strategy question. "Which of these is an RTS?" *sees Civ at the top, no need to keep reading*

"WRONG. Civ is a turn-based strategy game. LOL NUB."

:mad:
    Man im only 3 years older than you and yer gaming history makes me seem old

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

72%, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

78% Ah ffs! I knew a few that I got wrong and all :mad: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

72% also. Got a lot of obvious ones wrong though (I answered Zelda for instance). :facepalm:

Never knew Mario used to be a carpenter either lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

92%

2 silly answers, 2 I genuinely didn't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

76% only because I got asked multiple questions on Command & Conquer which I know ziltch about.

I was more satisfied that I got the obscure questions right :)

Advertisement