Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any new phones coming on Meteor PAYG?

Options
  • 26-03-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Meteor's PAYG range hasn't changed a whole lot in the last 6 months.
    Does anyone know if they're introducing any new Android phones in the coming months?

Thinking in the €200 range.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I suspect we'll be stuck with the regular Wildfire for a while yet.
    Would be nice to see the Samsung Galaxy Ace since it's available on a few other networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Just buy your own phone, unlocked and unbranded. Yer better off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Daegerty wrote: »
    Just buy your own phone, unlocked and unbranded. Yer better off

I might just do that.
    There used to be a price benefit to buying locked phones, but looking around now sim free mobiles are a good bit cheaper.

Had been looking at a Motorola DEFY on amazon, but they seem to have ear piece issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Defy is a fantastic phone. Got one for my GF and it has been working fine. Still waiting for 2.2 though. No issues with ear piece (touch wood) so that could have just been a bad batch.

Much better quality than any of the mid-range phones at the moment. I got mine from Handtec (hope it's ok to plug them...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 XUnknownX

Hi em I would rather just get the defy in store do you think it would be available on meteor in store or if I get it on 02 and go about unlocking it online??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

XUnknownX wrote: »
    Hi em I would rather just get the defy in store do you think it would be available on meteor in store or if I get it on 02 and go about unlocking it online??

Not all phones are subsidised by networks. Get one SIM free, the warranty might be void if it isn't an unlock authorised by your network. SIM-free sites are in the sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 XUnknownX

XUnknownX wrote: »

Not all phones are subsidised by networks. Get one SIM free, the warranty might be void if it isn't an unlock authorised by your network. SIM-free sites are in the sticky.
    I want a sim free in store?

Advertisement