Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of Tattoos in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

it was right? you'd never guess. you should see the price difference, jmd's did a quarter sleeve on my sister(she posted it here) 2 skulls and a rose and was charged 780, my old housemate went to my guy got the same thing but bigger for about 400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I dunno whether price comes into quality to be honest, but it is a factor. Dunno whether it's off topic or not >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

I'd rather pay more for a better tattoo and Joe Mylar is definitely worth the extra cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Exact same quality. Will grab a picture of my house mates arm next time and put them up for comparison. Tbh Joe is good but i think a certain aspect of it is him chargin as there is really no other name artists in the region

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 whos_next

so whats a good price to pay per the hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

it was right? you'd never guess. you should see the price difference, jmd's did a quarter sleeve on my sister(she posted it here) 2 skulls and a rose and was charged 780, my old housemate went to my guy got the same thing but bigger for about 400

that to me seems a bit off, although i am pretty sure that the price my tattooist charges me for a piece and the price he would charge someone else are different. not necessarily by such an extreme as the above example, but i have seven pieces so far and 4 were done by him, two really big pieces that he had complete creative control over.

so i think i am given small discounts as a loyal customer or whatever, but if you came to him for the first time for a similar piece he would charge you his going rate yakno.

but no for one person to be charge over 700 and someone else only 400 seems a bit wrong. granted it isn't attesting to the quailty of the tattoo in any way but still

Advertisement