Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 problem

Options
  • 27-03-2011 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Not strictly a modding question, but here goes.

I have a JTAGed Xenon which will not boot up. When I turn it on the front LED goes green, the fans spin, and the PSU LED also goes green, but nothing else happens. The green ring LEDs don't do their spin and there is no audio or video. It can be turned on using the wireless controller, but same thing happens, and the controller never connects.

If have opened it up and disconnected the DVD ROM drive and I have checked the USB port for damage. Neither have been fruitful.

Can anyone suggest anything, or does anyone know where I could get it repaired. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

So what did you do to it? Or did it just stop working randomly?

Sounds a little like a keyvault issue or the hardware's about to fail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Didn't do anything... it was working fine, my son was playing it, then we went out, came back a few hours later and it wouldn't boot...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Hana/ana chip

I was thinking that myself as it had started doing red sparkles/lines on the screen during some games like MOH.

Is this fixable?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

its a gpu problem.
    will need to be reflowed or reballed.
    I've seen it once before its very slow to show 3rrod.
    Turn it on and leave it there for 10-15 mins and the rrod will eventually show and get the secondary error code

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

its a gpu problem.
    will need to be reflowed or reballed.
    I've seen it once before its very slow to show 3rrod.
    Turn it on and leave it there for 10-15 mins and the rrod will eventually show and get the secondary error code

Yeah just get it reballed ;)

If I leave it on and let it overheat, it just gives a 0011 secondary code: CPU overheat.

I looked at the list of repairers... can anyone make any recommendations?

n97 mini wrote: »
    If I leave it on and let it overheat, it just gives a 0011 secondary code: CPU overheat.

Thats an easy issue to repair ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You need somebody to reball it or reflow it. People offering their services have posted in the Services sticky here in Console modding.

Just like to say I contacted a few on the repair list, and Brian at consolepros.ie was first to get back to me. He sorted the problem today and I'm a very happy camper again (as is my son!). A big thanks to Brian.

• Advertisement

Just like to say I contacted a few on the repair list, and Brian at consolepros.ie was first to get back to me. He sorted the problem today and I'm a very happy camper again (as is my son!). A big thanks to Brian.

Glad I could help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thats an easy issue to repair ;)

What was the repair in the end?

He now owns a reballed jtag console, with a 1 yr warranty ;)

Advertisement