Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny on a Thursday night???

Options
  • 27-03-2011 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

myself and about 10 mates are going to be in kilkenny on thursday night. whats the story with nightlife on thursday nights in kilkenny? busy? nightclubs? where should we go basically???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Its dead:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

What about the World's End?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Monday night is better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

fabbydabby wrote: »
    What about the World's End?
    Actually I heard they have have live music on Thursdays, I think the band in Tutsie and the cokeheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rusty_ie2004

the only night club open on a thursday night is langtons and its full of under age ppl and i think its a tenner in not really worth it and the price of drink goes up every hour in there and the bar staff will try wrong change u sometimes if u hand in notes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

after all the positive replies..... i cant wait for thursday night !!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Matt the Millers is always a good night out. After a skinfull head to Langtons anyway. Won't just for the late drinks

toe_knee wrote: »
    Matt the Millers is always a good night out. After a skinfull head to Langtons anyway. Won't just for the late drinks

will they serve till 2 in langtons?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Not sure how late it is but wouldnt be too far off 2 bells
    http://www.langtons.ie/entertainment/

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭kenn0

Head to Ryans Trad on a Thursday. Then off to Langtons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I'd agree with the last post, Ryans for some live music and then on to the barn dance gone wrong that is Langtons.

We get a lot of "Where to go out in Kilkenny" threads so you might get more ideas if you just look back a few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I ended up in Langtons on Thursday night just gone, they served up until 2.30 which was great.

What wasn't great was Langtons itself. It's beyond abysmal and gave me hankerings for the days of mid week Morrisson's where the music at least wasn't entirely autotuned.

Threadhead wrote: »
    I ended up in Langtons on Thursday night just gone, they served up until 2.30 which was great.

What wasn't great was Langtons itself. It's beyond abysmal and gave me hankerings for the days of mid week Morrisson's where the music at least wasn't entirely autotuned.

was it at least busy in there. to be honest. were gonna be fairly demented so we'll just be looking for a crowd and late drinks....

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Actually in fairness, it had a decent crowd, didn't look empty and wasn't the cattle mart it sometimes is. Easy enough to get served and there wasn't a whole lot of fools in there. The music would give you immediate ear cancer though. If your criteria is a bit of room and a late bar with a bit of a crowd, it'll do the trick.

Just make sure you go on a school night.

Threadhead wrote: »
    Just make sure you go on a school night.

were going up on thursday night. only there for the 1 night..... we'll see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

yeah there should be a good enough crowd around ..

at the end of the day its gonna be what ye make of it anyway !!

1 bit of advice tho: don't attempt to try to get into langtons in a big group, you'll be refused straight away !!

Advertisement