Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a set of headphones

• 27-03-2011 4:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I have a set of Seinnheiser HD202s. I'm pretty sick of the lack of bass and the tinny sound.

I can't afford the €400 for the Bose set that I love in Dundrum shopping centre.

Any alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Bose are horribly overpriced..
    I got the Audio Technicas ATH-M50s
    They are fantastic!
    170euro :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

marko93 wrote: »
    170euro :)

Speaking of overpriced... the M50s cost $90 in the USA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Some headphones have increased in price purely because audiophiles have driven up the demand so the price rises like in the Audio Technica Ath M50 e.g. the Panasonic HJE900.

It could also be down to import/export imbalances. Look at the price differences of Beyerdynamic's (German maker) in Europe compared to stateside.

The Ath M50 is more bass orientated (and closed) over the HD555 but maybe look at Sennheiser Hd 25. There are multiple variations of it plus it's smaller so would be more portable if that's your thing.

Try looking here

Simply use your hd202 as a baseline (there is no 202 so use the 201 or 203) and you can visually compare each headphones sound signature. The higher the left side equates to a greater bass.

graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=473&graphID[]=2941&graphID[]=563&graphID[]=513

All Audio-Technica headphones are expensive in Europe, that's just how it is. Sennheiser are better value over here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I currently have a pair of Koss Portapro's, Shure e4c and e3c's and my favourite, a pair of AKG 518LE's.

Variety is the spice of life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Baza210 wrote: »
    Speaking of overpriced... the M50s cost $90 in the USA.
    Overpriced indeed, but i don't regret it in the slightest :o

you could do much worse

Advertisement