Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

patio area building costs

• 27-03-2011 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi

I am in the process of getting quotes for a patio area on the back. the patio are itself will be 63 sq m and will be layed with marble paving, there will also be a wall which is 33 sq metres.
    can anyone tell me the avaerage cost per sq metre to lay the marble slab?

also i presume the blocks will be 6 inch standard, so how many blocks roughly would you be talking and the cost per block to lay?

any help appreciated

Dbeermat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

some comments:
    marble paved area in Irish climate recipe for all sorts of moss/wet/slipping related disasters.

are u supplying the marble and if so will all the other prep-ing be done as well

what size/thickness is marble

re the wall will scaffold be required?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 dbeermat93

Hi carlow

Marble will be supplied, i have seen it in another patio and is fine with no moss or slippery surfaces at all

The wall is going around the patio area to enclose it, no scaffolding will be used.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I got my 600 x 600 x 25mm polished marble tiles laid in my kitchen at 35 euro a square meter.That was last year.

Marble has to be cut propperly with a "wet cut" tiling band or circular table saw.

Hope that helps in someway.

Advertisement