Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone & macbook, eircom mail problems

Options
  • 27-03-2011 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi

I have an iphone4 and macbook pro and am trying to use Mail, i have both set up successfully to receive mail, however i am unable to set up the outgoing mail part.

I use 3.ie for wifi for both and for the iphone4 when out and about vodafone 3g.

would anybody be able to help with the setting for the outgoing sever please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

I use mail1.eircom.net for my outgoing and it works on my wifi (not eircom) and also on my 3G which is vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

You have not said who your email provider is.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭etar

Shane your dead right, it's eircom but the outgoing server suggested above doesn't work any suggestions would be gratefully received.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I have a feeling you do not have eircom broadband at home.

Eircom changed their systems a while back so that in order to send mail through mail1.eircom.net you had to be on their network.

My understanding is that you need to use the smtp setting for the network you are on. So there would be one for vodafone and another for three.

Personally i would suggest using gmail or non pop3 mail.

I dont have an iphone but this post shows what to do for O2 and the outgoing mail setting for vodafone is mail.vodafone.ie

Advertisement