Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten Suckling

• 27-03-2011 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi my 6 month old kitten has always suckled off my dressing gown. It doesn't bother me in the slightest but a few people have said to me that I should stop this behaviour. I've always figured that he'd either grow out of it or he wouldn't and it wouldn't bother me either way but I'm wondering if I should stop it and if it's bad for him or anything? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

It's not bad for him so I don't see any reason to stop it. He might not grow out of it, two of my cats have done that too, and they never grew out of it. It's kinda cute except when you have a big patch of cat spit on your clothes after :)

They seem to do it to fluffy things like dressing gowns or wool jumpers I noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lilsis

Hey thanks for reassuring me. I assumed there was nothing wrong with it. He used to try and do it to all my clothes but then there was one week where I was off work sick for a few days and was just wearing my dressing gown all day everyday so he was suckling it instead and he's just stayed with it since. I don't even have to wear it anymore and it's kinda like his bed now too as he sleeps on it a lot. I think I'll just have to buy a new one for myself. I don't mind if he doesn't grow out of it, was just wondering if it was harmful to him in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I have an 11 year old cat and she still does it, mainly to my dressing gown as well. It makes her happy and does her no harm, so I wouldn't stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

My tom is 11 months old, and from the first day on, he suckles on two white fluffy pillows, purring, and then falling asleep. Looks kind of cute alright :cool:

Advertisement