Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad news for Naas Chocoholics...

Options
  • 27-03-2011 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

You won't be able to go to the post office without temptation being put in your way

Seems a Chocolatier is opening next to the post office.

I only briefly read the store sign, but it seems to be targeting a higher end to the recent craze of candy shops opening around the country.

I'm sure someone more local can give more info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

sandin wrote: »
    You won't be able to go to the post office without temptation being put in your way

Seems a Chocolatier is opening next to the post office.

I only briefly read the store sign, but it seems to be targeting a higher end to the recent craze of candy shops opening around the country.

I'm sure someone more local can give more info.

I hope it works out for them. A lot of closures in Naas lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

DWCommuter wrote: »
    I hope it works out for them. A lot of closures in Naas lately.

Thankfully rents are now more in line with the market, so most "new" stores would have a far better chance of success.

If there is one good thing that will come out of this recession, it is that many shopping centres & main streets will have a more diverse mix of products with more smaller operators offering less of the mass produced stuff you see in chain stores.

Anyway good luck to them and anyone else who has the brass neck to open in current conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Thankfully rents are now more in line with the market, so most "new" stores would have a far better chance of success.

If there is one good thing that will come out of this recession, it is that many shopping centres & main streets will have a more diverse mix of products with more smaller operators offering less of the mass produced stuff you see in chain stores.

Anyway good luck to them and anyone else who has the brass neck to open in current conditions.

I hope you're right, with regards to Naas Town centre. It's in a bad bad way at the moment.
    Best of luck to them, and anyone else brave enough to chance opening up in Naas at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 savy2011

Yea good luck to them hope they do well agree alot of closures in town I heard rumour Eddie rockets moving into five lamps anyone heard if it's true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Walked by early on, but was packed full of kids. Looks good, sweet jars stacked up to the ceiling. Might try get in before the schools are out tomorrow:rolleyes:
    The bakery didn't open today, meant to be tomorrow. Was looking to try this out. Gonna be so fatw by the end of the week:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

matchthis wrote: »
    Walked by early on, but was packed full of kids. Looks good, sweet jars stacked up to the ceiling. Might try get in before the schools are out tomorrow:rolleyes:
    The bakery didn't open today, meant to be tomorrow. Was looking to try this out. Gonna be so fatw by the end of the week:pac:

do they have a bakery as well?

If so then it should do well as sweet shops on their own are not really viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

do they have a bakery as well?

If so then it should do well as sweet shops on their own are not really viable.

bakery is a separate shop down the road...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

New openings this week in Naas, Ya gotta hand it to them and best of luck!

Advertisement