Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best take away in Galway?

Options
  • 27-03-2011 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen a few take away related threads appearing lately and thought it would be a good idea to start a thread.

What's peoples' opinions on the best take away?
    I'm trying to locate the place with the biggest kebabs...Tasty Bites used to do a lovely one and it was huge,but alas,no more. Anyone know where I can get one?

Norio's is probably my favourite take away at the minute.
    5 quid for a quarter pounder meal with a dip delivered,can't go wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Norios is my favourite anyway, i think capital kebab do a fairly big kebab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Is that the one beside the Eglington no? Norio's kebabs are delish,just not humongous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Capital are currently the biggest for Falafel anyway.
    It comes in nan bread as opposed to pitta bread so its very filling. Chips not great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I've recently discovered Mizzoni's and am quite impressed with them.

edit - ah, kebabs, no idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Whichever one of them serves swan burgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I would have said Charcoal but now im converted to Capital Kebab. Better service, way better pitta and prices are a little better too i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lezza

charcoal grill ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Kebab House have the biggest I think, but there's a quality/quantity cost with it...
    I would have said Charcoal but now im converted to Capital Kebab. Better service, way better pitta and prices are a little better too i think.

^ Same as this. Capital are really holding it up to Charcoal. Doesn't get the messy queues of Charcoal which is great, so keep it to yourself! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Vinny's on Dominic st. Best chips EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

This needs a poll.

It really depends on what I'm in the mood for (and what pub we're coming out of at 2am). For pizza I'm a fan of Apache. For chips it'll be Vinnie's, McDonagh's or Kettle of Fish. For a burger it'll be an Angus from Burger King. For a kebab I'll go with Charcoal Grill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yummycakes

Charcoal Grill all the way, best chili & garlic sauce, but they do give you a crazy amount of shish chicken!!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Charcoal Grill for sure. Especially after a night out it cant be beaten. Jack Jordans in Doughiska is also fantastic if you are getting food delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Best take away is the pizza place on Cross Street and second is La Salsa in my opinion but for kebabs I used to be mad for the Charcoal stuff, haven't been since last summer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Agreed but after last nights experience won't be going there again. Ordered 3 large chips, 3 battered sausages, 1 portion of sausages, 1 chicken nuggets, 1 tub of curry and 3 cans of coke. Got back home to Knocknacarra to discover 1 chips and 1 battered sausage missing. On receiving the food I had asked again if all of the above was in it and was told yes. Should have checked I guess, but won't be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Jeez happyoutscan :-o
    And I thought urban ate a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You must be joking. Very hard to get nice chips in Galway, and vinnie's are like mashed potato with some deep fried bits stirred in.

Ordered a kebab and a snack box meal from Norio's there. 10.60 delivered,not half bad.

Still meaning to try pizza shack,but low on the bean.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Charcoal Grill (the original one, opposite the cornstore).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Ordered a kebab and a snack box meal from Norio's there. 10.60 delivered,not half bad.

Still meaning to try pizza shack,but low on the bean.

:eek: Jaysus mate we should get some cash together for ya and treat you to a proper steak with all the trimings:D

Jonjo you can supply it so :)

• Advertisement

Ordered a Norio's again.Got one last night too. God the kebab is delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Claregalway123

charcoal grilll...............5 euro for a doner burger meal...........even late at night,,,,,,,,,great value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

First time in to Capital Kebab this week and SUPER impressed! Loveliest fish burger I've had in ages nyom nyom (and to think I was once mourning Supermacs' decision to axe their codburger ;) Capital's beats it hands down).
    Prices very good too and staff really sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭listenup

mizzonis TONY'S WOWTASTIC DEAL IS SAVAGE HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I like La Salsa the best. Huge delicious portions for a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

tried a pizza from Pizza and Pasta Napoli beside Neachtains last night, unreal, hands down best pizza in Galway, authentically Italian based on the Italian guy making it. Prices very good too.

Hmmm reading this is making me hungry. Had Al Fredo's the other week,where Tasty Bites used to be out near GMIT. Snack box was excellent for a fiver,with a dip and can.

I don't know if it counts in the traditional sense of a takeaway, but the student specials menu from Scotty's Steakhouse in Cúirt na Coiribe is really good value for what you get. Juicy hotdog, big portion of chips and a can for €6.50. Sit down or takeaway. There's quarter pounders and chicken goujons etc. on the menu as well.

I was never down there but I've heard some excellent reports.

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I was never down there but I've heard some excellent reports.

One of my friends lived in Cúirt this year so we'd put on a film and nip down for a takeaway. The stuff from the regular menu is lovely too, but priced as such. Tried the vesuvio burger the last day. Half-pounder with mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce and bacon. Nom nom...

I've been eating at Scotty's since the Casual Gourmet/Grill days on Middle Street. Those were the days...

Advertisement