Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironside from the beginning

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭daveyc21

Been busy but three weeks out from IPO's

Switched to Low Bar Squat

Started Using Knee Wraps

Had a deadlift Epiphany

Finally back benching over 140kg

This this and this ---->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

daveyc21 wrote: »
    Had a deadlift Epiphany

Wanna share that?!

Testing soon and if I don't get a deadlift pr I am going to be pissed, long overdue one I think/feel ! :pac:

Wanna share that?!

Testing soon and if I don't get a deadlift pr I am going to be pissed, long overdue one I think/feel ! :pac:

It may just apply to my own training but next time your in I will run you through it!

Slight update:

Testing my pause bench max for comp day. Hit a pretty solid 135kg and just missed 140kg. I reckon the 140kg could be there on the day with a bit of adrenaline ammonia and a COH bloat!

I also gave my squat a bit of a bash hitting a nice solid 230kg. Due to a few non strength related issues I just missed on a 250kg which again I feel is there with the buzz of competition day.

Last heavy deadlift day is tomorrow. Very much looking forward to see what I can actually do as I havent tested properly for about 5 weeks.

Last heavy session in Ironside tonight. Finished with a heavy single on the squat. Still getting used to low bar, wraps and monolift. Worked up to 250kg. Felt quite comfortable with the weight skimmed on depth though because of adjustments above. Good solid gym lift though.

Weighing about 88kg at the minute.

• Advertisement

Been a while since I have posted. Had a bit of a disaster at the IPO's. Firstly make a complete mess of cutting weight dropping 8kg in 24 hours before realising 1am the night before the weigh in that I would end up a kilo over. Then a logistical problem on the day and showed up literally a minute before my first squat and only ended up hitting my opener on my second attempt and went for broke with the 3rd and failing. Ended up putting a mediocre 610kg total 60kg less than I wanted. First comp in a few years so a lot of lessons learned.

Some other messing about....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

spotters let you down badly on the 180x16 - i hope somebody dropped everything and ran to your rescue ?

Started Smolov yesterday. Running the 4 week intense week.

Yesterday was Squat

150kgx3 176kg x4 196kg 3x4 196kg x5

Followed by some upper powerbuilding work. Just training Speedwork on my deadlift which is what I was doing before so much the same.

More Smolov

140kg x3 163kg x3 185kgx3 209kg 3x3 195kg x3

Still seems fairly ok hopefully haven't underestimated/overestimated my max.

Week 1 smolov finished. Wasnt too bad today pretty easy.

4x150 4x161 5x4x184

Trap bar deadlift worked up to 322.5kg. I find grip gets a bit ropey then.

Backy biceps...

• Advertisement
Advertisement