Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barebones Zotacs

Options
  • 27-03-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for some advice RE Zotac barebones (or alternatives - open to any suggestions!)

Looking at buying a cheapish HTPC for viewing/playing non live content (maybe some online streaming, but no tuner). Would like it to run win7 and to act as an always on server.

I have been looking at Zotac ZBOX HD-ND22 (for approx 220euro) - ram and HDD not decided yet.

Any opinions on these/ reasons why I shouldnt? As far as I can gather the CULV celeron/ ION combo should be good for smooth 1080p.

Also - if the ION shares the system ram, whats the best configuration. I was going to put a single 4gig stick in to allow me to add more later, but is it better to 2 sticks?

I will also probably try and get a 1TB 7200 drive (i.e. not a SSD) to save some cash - any recommendation/ what I should be looking for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

where did you see it for 220?

The ram question well this review suggests the 2 stick approach is better

http://techreport.com/articles.x/19507

Also 1080p youtube was perfect with approx 40-50% cpu utilization

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

Did you end up buying 1 of these?

I've been trying for 2 weeks now to get 1 but nowhere has them instock....:mad:

Advertisement