Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

47 The Bistro?

• 27-03-2011 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Is it closed down ??

Have tried it last Tuesday evening and again today Sunday afternoon and closed both times.

Usually eat there if in town and someone gave me a voucher a while back too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Passed by it the other day (around lunchtime too) and it looked closed. Pity if it is. I haven't been in there in a while, but I always liked the food in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Yeah asked my friend about it - her aunt owned the place. Said it's now closed - wasn't making money anymore. Came as a surprise to my friend.

Pity really, as it was a really nice place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Funnily enough I went in there only a couple of months ago and the food was great but the service was actually Awful. Whoever we had serving us must have been having a bad day as she wasn't friendly at all.

Having said that, it's a real pity few years ago it was fairly common that I would go there and then across the road tooth cinema. Was always a nice night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's worrying that a business like this can just disappear unnoticed, taking with it any employment that it created. We only hear on the news of the large-scale closures e.g. Ellickson Engineering but it doesn't take long before a few forced closures of small businesses equals, if not exceeds, the job losses of the higher profile employer.

I'm really hoping that the Government's Job Stimulus plan will offer some hope to these SME's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

When that place opened it was a great place and a lovely looking bistro, unfortuantly the menu never changed and everything got very tired in there. Such a pity as the idea of the place was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Did the same bloke from mullinavat still own it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

AdMMM wrote: »
    It's worrying that a business like this can just disappear unnoticed, taking with it any employment that it created. We only hear on the news of the large-scale closures e.g. Ellickson Engineering but it doesn't take long before a few forced closures of small businesses equals, if not exceeds, the job losses of the higher profile employer.

I'm really hoping that the Government's Job Stimulus plan will offer some hope to these SME's.

According to insolvency journal on average 4 businesses close a day

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/index.aspx

BTW, I'm surprised The Bistro wasn't sold be sold off as a going concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Im glad i got to try it in January before it closed, food was savage but the manner of the staff in there was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

I have a 50 voucher for there

:)

ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

savic04 wrote: »
    I have a 50 voucher for there

:)

ah well...

That's a pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

Personal insults towards people will not be tolerated. Please be careful what you say in your posts reviewing the business.

Topic Cleaned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

So is it safe to assume that this place failed primarily because of the poor attitude from the manager? I went there a few times and was never fond of the place purely because from working in the hospitality industry, I know what good service should be like and I certainly didn't get it there. With prices so similar in many places and indeed the quality of food nowadays, it's the quality of the service that keeps me going back to places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

Have to say I always enjoyed eating there with the family and I thought that the service was excellent. Food was excellent for the price.

Shocked and stunned to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Gardner

Jesus Adam dont believe everything you read. its non existent!

terrible shame this place has closed down! great grub after a days shopping in town, actually only place in the centre of the town that did good grub

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭razor_ryan

So is it safe to assume that this place failed primarily because of the poor attitude from the manager? I went there a few times and was never fond of the place purely because from working in the hospitality industry, I know what good service should be like and I certainly didn't get it there. With prices so similar in many places and indeed the quality of food nowadays, it's the quality of the service that keeps me going back to places.

Totally agree with you

Advertisement