Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bachelor of Science in Computing in Information Security and Digital Forensics (BN311

Options
  • 27-03-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice from people that have taken this course and gone on to get the Bachelor of Science in Computing in Information Security and Digital Forensics (BN311). I'm hoping to join ITB as a mature student later in the year.

I'm working full time with a multinational company for the past 7 years (started in CS) and have had the opportunity to work as a trainer but have since moved into a technical role where my team triages site/tools bugs. I also work closely with various global Product Development teams and Site Operations for high impact issues. The plan is to eventually move into an Information Security role, hence the Digital Forensics. :)

Also, for the BN311 course the entry requirement is a Level 6 award in Computing. How many NFQ credits is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Cheers duey! That's very helpful. Hmm, so because I've no credits to speak of I will need to get into the BN026 first to get the 120 credits. Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

*Sigh*

I have since decided to go the certification route. It's frustrating not being able to just do the course you want to do and being required to do a 2 year part time course in an area that you already have a very high level of knowledge and years of experience in.

ITB will be running, for the first time this year, a 1 year full time forensics course AFAIK. It is not on the website as it was only decided that the course would be running last week. I am waiting on information from a lecturer, and when I get it, Ill send it on to you if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

hmm if you've been working in the field already the college might just waiver having to do that part time... worth a shot... did you try getting in touch with them? lecturer in charge of course might have more advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement