Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black dog found in Dooradoyle

• 27-03-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Black bundle of energy found in Dooradoyle-Raheen area. No collar unfortunately...

Please contact.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Popped into local garages this evening to see if anyone had put up a sign or said something but no joy. Roxboro didn't answer while Henry St. said that people don't call them about missing animals anymore.

Any other bright ideas? :)

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Did you try contacting the Limerick Post? They have a section every week about lost animals around the city, both a 'missing' and 'found' section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You could contact Limerick Animal Welfare and 95FM. If my dog was missing they are the first places I would ring in the event someone found it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

photo of the scamp?

Thanks for the tips guys.

A photo is a good idea but part of me is just paranoid that some untrustworthy person will think, "that's a nice dog" and not be the owner...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

is it a purebreed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 warley

The only people who seem to do anything about lost animals are the shelter in Kilfinnane past kilmallock.
    Great people who care but have no money.
    They may ask you to bring the dog out to them though.
    Limerick Post is also very good.
    If you do up flyers and laminate them - then leave with the vet across from the comp school - you could also put them in the local primary schools (kids are great for recognising dogs).
    We put them up by Raheen Church and St Pauls Church on railings.
    People are dumping animals a lot.
    We still have our 'lost' cats - numbering three now!
    The best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hi Sabre. Your best bet is to hang on to the waif and bring him to the vets in the area - ie, crescent veterinary clinic Dooradoyle, 061-301841 or Adrian Hanley beside the regional hospital, 061-301433.

They will be able to scan the dog and see if he's micro-chipped already and they'll get in touch with the owner, or they may even recognise the dog from being in their clinic.

Good luck with it!

PS a pic would be helpful too :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Please, whatever you do. Dont bring it to the pound in Mungret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Popped into local garages this evening to see if anyone had put up a sign or said something but no joy. Roxboro didn't answer while Henry St. said that people don't call them about missing animals anymore.

Any other bright ideas? :)

Off topic, but it never ceases to amaze me how that station often cannot be contacted by phone and it is something that has been happening for a number of years now. Have had to ring there before and let the phone ring out, then rang again only for the same thing to happen. I then ring Henry street and get an answer straight away.

bazz26 wrote: »
    You could contact Limerick Animal Welfare and 95FM. If my dog was missing they are the first places I would ring in the event someone found it.

Yep would ring LAW for advice/help on it. They may even have had the owner get in touch with them looking for the dog.

Their numbers are 063-91110 or 087-6371044

LB6 wrote: »
    Hi Sabre. Your best bet is to hang on to the waif and bring him to the vets in the area - ie, crescent veterinary clinic Dooradoyle, 061-301841 or Adrian Hanley beside the regional hospital, 061-301433.

They will be able to scan the dog and see if he's micro-chipped already and they'll get in touch with the owner, or they may even recognise the dog from being in their clinic.

Good luck with it!

PS a pic would be helpful too :D

Great shout. If it is a well kept dog, then chances are that he is chipped.

Melion wrote: »
    Please, whatever you do. Dont bring it to the pound in Mungret.

Can only second this. I would contact them in case the owner has looked their for the dog. 061- 301604 is their number, but leaving the dog there means it gets put down after a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

AaronEnnis wrote: »
    Did you try contacting the Limerick Post? They have a section every week about lost animals around the city, both a 'missing' and 'found' section.

Yep and it is free.

Along the same lines would be contacting a few of the pet shops as Paws & Claws, Petmania, and the Pet Supermarket by the Ballysimon roundabout all will let people put up leaflets for missing or found dogs/cats etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Quite recently there was a black Labrador wandering Raheen with no collar - looked well cared for. Someone took the dog in and made huge efforts to track down the owner, who was eventually found.

I'm betting it's the same dog, as the owner is probably still letting the dog out to wander without a collar.

Definitely contact LAW with a description of the dog and your contact details - phone 063 91110 or 087 6371044.

You could also put a note in the Pets' Page of the Limerick Post, no need to include a photo if your wary of attracting people claiming to be the owner, when they're not. The deadline for submissions to the Post is tomorrow and you can email Catriona at pets@limerickpost.ie

If you are returning the dog to the owner, ask for some form of proof - e.g. dog licence, photograph of the dog, or confirmation that the dog is microchipped with their details.

Hope this helps.

All's well that ends well. "Rocky" has been reunited with rightful owners. I'll miss that little scamp :'(

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Fair play for picking up the dog in the first place!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

141-7-13-3f09-two-bad-neighbors3.jpg

Hi, I'm just curious - how did you find Rocky's owner? :D

Sorry for the delay LB6 - it was actually pure chance...Rocky was taken out for a walk and the owners pulled up beside. Delighted to see him.

🤪

Very nice Sabre - lucky Rocky :D

Advertisement