Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moritz Von Oswald Trio - Horizontal Structures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

I wasn't really impressed with the first album so I didn't rush to buy the new one. I'm not sure I could put my finger on what I didn't like about it, but I think it might be because it's neither one thing nor the other - there's too much going on for it to satisfy the part of me that likes minimal/dub techno a la Basic Channel/Rhythm & Sound, but not enough going on to make it particularly interesting in other terms. Do you think it's markedly better or different from the first one?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I do like the first album but agree its not really one thing or the other... it took a good few listens for me to enjoy it whereas this one worked after the first couple of listens... I think this second album is a bit more jazzy and less dub techno, its a very relaxing listen actually - had it on in the background making Sunday breakfast yesterday and it was a perfect start to a lazy Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

On Vertical Ascent I quite liked the first and third tracks, but I wasn't really feeling the other two. I'm still curious about this one though, I'll probs pick it up over the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Love everything Moritz Von Oswald puts his hands on ...!

Guys if you looking for some modern long extended jazz grooves or 'zen-funk' as they call it - checkout "Nik Bärtsch's Ronin" a group on ECM records.

I would love to see Carl Craig & Moritz Von Oswald remix some of their work.

Advertisement