Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alaskan Klee Kai

• 27-03-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Would anyone know of anywhere in Ireland that breeds Alaskan Klee Kai's? I know they are a very rare breed of dog and hard to come by.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I dont know anyone in Ireland that has one of these, are they even a recognized breed here in Europe?

They are a designer breed of sorts, bred down to be small and have a lot of husky and other smaller spitz mixed in to retain a small size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Those are more than likely all scams. The Klee kai isn't recognised here or in the uk so unless they're all US imports (which i highly doubt) then they aren't real.

*Edit* Just read the comments on the first one, it is indeed a scam.

Shanao wrote: »
    Those are more than likely all scams. The Klee kai isn't recognised here or in the uk so unless they're all US imports (which i highly doubt) then they aren't real.

*Edit* Just read the comments on the first one, it is indeed a scam.

So how do people get away with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Indeed olx.ie is even worse than Done Deals. Always using professional photos and always show quality dogs at super low prices.

• Advertisement

Because, unfortunately, people fall for these scams. More than likely, once you've contacted these people, you will be asked to send them a deposit, or even the whole amount of money and they will "deliver" the puppy. Of course the puppy is fictional so people end up out of pocket and these "breeders" will simply repeat the process under another name etc.

OP- as they aren't a recognised breed over here, I really doubt you'll find one.

Shanao wrote: »
    Because, unfortunately, people fall for these scams. More than likely, once you've contacted these people, you will be asked to send them a deposit, or even the whole amount of money and they will "deliver" the puppy. Of course the puppy is fictional so people end up out of pocket and these "breeders" will simply repeat the process under another name etc.

OP- as they aren't a recognised breed over here, I really doubt you'll find one.

So people are still thick enough to hand over money without seeing where the dog came from or seeing the dog and meeting the person?:eek:

They sure are. Not too long ago, a friend had been looking for a chihuahua and told me she had contacted a guy who advertised on Donedeal i think it was, and he came back with a story that his daughter had the dog but had been killed in a car accident and now he just wanted the puppy to get a good home. The pup was at a reduced rate of course. I told her not to respond anymore, but she did anyway and finally realised it was a scam when he emailed and said; "If you can send me the money, I'll have her delivered to you". I've heard of at least four other people who've had this 'sob story' pushed on them after contacting someone about a puppy.

But that's just the world we live in of course. Between scams, puppy farms, designer dogs and backyard breeders, it really is no wonder that we have such problems with animal welfare in this country.

Advertisement