Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-box repair in Sligo

Options
  • 27-03-2011 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Does any1 out there know a good place in Sligo 2 get an x-box repaied Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Whats wrong with it? It could be covered by Microsoft if its something like 4 red lights flashing. If its something like that it might be worthwhile contacting Microsoft themselves with the error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Lebus

Microsoft will repair 4 a charge,av soubd but no picture so am lookin 4 sum1 2 repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm waiting for this to happen my own console... either the Xbox RROD or the PS3 YLOD.

Think it's a 3 year warranty on the RROD with Xbox.. so if it's under that, MS will do it for free. And if not, give them a shout anyways.

If not, there's the crowd in Wine Street Car Park (is it XWorks?) - not sure if they do it but they certainly do phone unlocking / jailbreaking iPhone etc. So might be worth a shot.

Other than that, you might need to go with one of the online retailers (e.g consoleireland.ie - but look up reputation before going with them) or one of the guys who offers repairs here

Thank u Basq 4 the info,i will give them a try. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

While we are on it any idea if the same crowd do PS3 repairs ?

• Advertisement

Called to that place in wine street car park on Saturday & the shutters where down,any1 know if its closed down?

Btw bennyc i think they do repair ps3's r did depending on wats happining with them now:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Lebus wrote: »
    Called to that place in wine street car park on Saturday & the shutters where down,any1 know if its closed down?

I think they are closed on Saturdays. As far as I know they are called Edworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Also there is a place next to Enable Ireland (an X Box gamers shop) as far as I know they do console repairs.

magnumlady wrote: »
    Also there is a place next to Enable Ireland (an X Box gamers shop) as far as I know they do console repairs.
    Thanks magnumlady was the X Box gamers shop i was thinking of & they were the 1 that was closed,never even tot about the other place,yhanks again:)

• Advertisement

Lebus I called down the other day about the PS3 and was talking to them and was going to drop it in yesterday, but as i was browsing the BA forum I saw PS3's for 180 in Tesco. called my mate who owns it and he decided to go for the new one and I have his old one on adverts for him.

I found out in the meantime that they can be pretty slow in doing repairs but I also was told a lad left in his XBox with RROD and ended up with a massive fan installed onto the console 3 weeks later and its very loud so he aint to happy. I have a mate who is good at RROD repair and so far has a 100% success rate he maintains that no major modifications are required.

I will PM you his details if and its up to yourself if you want to contact him.

Lebus wrote: »
    Thanks magnumlady was the X Box gamers shop i was thinking of & they were the 1 that was closed,never even tot about the other place,yhanks again:)

Its the door to the right of gamers paradise they have signs on the door.

Advertisement