Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent Dark age of Camelot PvP video

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Been a long time since I played it but it just looks like he stood there in one spot button mashing against bad opponents. Graphics are like something from the Amiga era still :( Could do with a massive upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Been a long time since I played it but it just looks like he stood there in one spot button mashing against bad opponents. Graphics are like something from the Amiga era still :( Could do with a massive upgrade.

Not really he is using positional styles anytime styles and reactionary styles from evade etc, and he is using realm abilities banelord abilities and class abilities like the berserker form, just because the UI isnt flashing like a pinball machine doesnt mean he is spamming 1 style and because he isnt clicking all daoc players use Qbinds :D

Still the best pvp mmo by a long way tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Like with most pvp vids I thnk you would have to be very familiar with the game and all the classes etc at a pretty high level to appreciate it properly. Its a bit lost on me as well to be honest as I'm gone from the game so long! Although pvp certainly wasnt easy in DAoC .. well back in the day it wasnt when it wasnt easy mode and all the top players were still playing! No offence Jimmy!

Playboy wrote: »
    Like with most pvp vids I thnk you would have to be very familiar with the game and all the classes etc at a pretty high level to appreciate it properly. Its a bit lost on me as well to be honest as I'm gone from the game so long! Although pvp certainly wasnt easy in DAoC .. well back in the day it wasnt when it wasnt easy mode and all the top players were still playing! No offence Jimmy!

I haven't played it since last summer, i just like the video :D

The video is in New Frontiers though .. I think all the top players had left by then as ToA had come out and WoW was around. Think population really dropped around that time and since then they have made the rps a lot easier to get. Back in vanilla and Shrouded Isles it was rather diffiuclt to get to 500k Eagle Knight .. now everybody is rr10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

The video is in New Frontiers though .. I think all the top players had left by then as ToA had come out and WoW was around. Think population really dropped around that time and since then they have made the rps a lot easier to get. Back in vanilla and Shrouded Isles it was rather diffiuclt to get to 500k Eagle Knight .. now everybody is rr10

Its no Taeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen rr 5 Merc in Children of light man

Daoc is still the best PvP mmo thought besides EvE online which is a completely different kettle of fish, i resubbed WoW to play with Gary and co there on friday and i have played it for 5 hours total id say since as a game having no endgame PvP goal besides gear(that will be made completly redundant next expansion)holds very little appeal.

As for Daoc being dead after OF i would disagree as alot of the best fun i had was after and the population was still strong for a good bit after, i tried a infil on a shrouded isles freeshard server thats been running for 6 years and it took me 3 weeks ot get 50 and templated and afew days later at almost rr5 i dropped it as OF milegate bottlenecking just leads to being constantly zerged, where NF is a much better open plain place to roam/play.

Don't get me wrong when a decent PvP endgame mmo comes out and i have the time to put into it i will be all over it but only game mmo i would play for enjoyment atm is Daoc even though i have been away for 6+ months

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Its no Taeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen rr 5 Merc in Children of light man

haha .. Children of Light! Dont remember that guild! But yes .. that zerker aint no Taeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen! Owner of all things hib .. especially those squishy ones from Infrin Arda!

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Daoc is still the best PvP mmo thought besides EvE online which is a completely different kettle of fish, i resubbed WoW to play with Gary and co there on friday and i have played it for 5 hours total id say since as a game having no endgame PvP goal besides gear(that will be made completly redundant next expansion)holds very little appeal.

As for Daoc being dead after OF i would disagree as alot of the best fun i had was after and the population was still strong for a good bit after, i tried a infil on a shrouded isles freeshard server thats been running for 6 years and it took me 3 weeks ot get 50 and templated and afew days later at almost rr5 i dropped it as OF milegate bottlenecking just leads to being constantly zerged, where NF is a much better open plain place to roam/play.

Don't get me wrong when a decent PvP endgame mmo comes out and i have the time to put into it i will be all over it but only game mmo i would play for enjoyment atm is Daoc even though i have been away for 6+ months

Jimmy man! DAoC is dead .. you have to let it go! I'm not wow's biggest fan but you can have fun especially if playing with friends .. Stick with it a while and you will get into it!

And you will never convince me that NF's is better than Emain! Yeah there was some zerging but there was always lots of action! You had zerg killer groups like NP, LA, Vengence etc! I remember Nolby holding one of the milegates one saturday at peak population on their own for a whole day!

Advertisement