Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing for stairs? (In the west)

Options
  • 27-03-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Partner is telling me we've to fork out over €2500 for a stairs and a single handrail! Is this right? Looking for a standard, straight stairs with 2 winders up top. It'll be covered in carpet so look is not an issue (and money is, at this stage!)

Is there anywhere that manufactures pre made stairs or where's the best place to look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭doctorchick

http://www.stairplan.ie/staircase_companies/galway.php?catid=12

This gives a list of places in and around Galway that makes stairs. Lohan joinery near the airport has some really nice looking stuff but might be a bit pricey.

The above link should give you plenty of options for getting a fair idea of price.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,039 ✭✭✭✭muffler

straight stairs with 2 winders up top.
    Cant help you with the price but be careful with the winders - they should be at the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mistermister

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I am getting mine (2 winders at the bottom, standard 14 steps, one hand rail, 2 closed in panels on the landing with banister on top, all red deal) for €1400. It would be an extra €250 for blasters on the landing which I don't want. It is an extra €360 for my carpenter to fit it.

The guy is in Kilbeggan but I know he travels all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Hi all,
    Partner is telling me we've to fork out over €2500 for a stairs and a single handrail! Is this right? Looking for a standard, straight stairs with 2 winders up top. It'll be covered in carpet so look is not an issue (and money is, at this stage!)

Is there anywhere that manufactures pre made stairs or where's the best place to look?

thats way to dear for what your looking for
    ask a few local joiners for a price

• Advertisement
Advertisement