Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First 2k so hard

Options
  • 27-03-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all

I started training back in mid-January with the intention of doing the Dingle Adventure Race. So far it has been slow. Up to January my exercise was an hour of racquet ball and and an hour of basketball once a week. I was around 97kg when I started running in January I am now down around 92kg but with a good 10kg still to loose.

My problem is I find the first 2k of a run very hard. Last Friday I ran 7.5k and could have gone furher if I hadn't to go to work but the first 2k nearly killed me and it always seems to be the same. I must be doing something wrong becuase at this stage I thought I would be over that.

Just to give you an idea of my running schedule, I run around 6k on a Monday, 6.7k on a Wednesday and 7.5k on a Friday, I also do the racquet ball and basketball as well.

Any ideas on what my problem is?

ChristyM

Advertisement