Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shenanigans Magic Convention

Options
  • 27-03-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

Title - Keith Barry at Irish Magic Convention

Keith Barry will appear at Shenanigans, The Irish Magic Convention which runs from Apr 29 - 1 May at the Crowne Plaza Blanchardstown in Dublin. Keith, Ireland's premier magician and illusionist, will present on Session 4 on Saturday morning and will be popping in and out of the convention all weekend work permitting.

Shenanigans also stars David Williamson (US), Jay Scott Berry (AUS), Peter Samleson (US) and Paul Gordon (UK) plus a host of local names. Full God Card Registration for all 3 days is only €110 (daily rates also available) and includes Saturday Dinner and Sunday Lunch.

For all the info check out www.irishmagicconvention.com

so, who's going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

zuroph wrote: »
    so, who's going?

Not I. There is not anyone there that I particularly want to see.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

zuroph wrote: »
    so, who's going?

Is keith lecturing , or just hangin around being famous ??
    I'll go to his new show anyway so no point in going if it isnt a lecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

not sure. Brendan would be able to clarify. Not sure i can afford to go, will have to see how next few weeks pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

oeb wrote: »
    Not I. There is not anyone there that I particularly want to see.
    Who were you hoping to see?
    There was Paul Wilson, David Williamson and Peter Samelson? Besides Houdini, you could couldn't beat that, I'd say?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Of those the only person I'd PERSONALLY want to see is Paul Wilson , however I find his brand of card magic far too technical for me.

By the way , thats a failing of mine - NOT his.

My dream lineup :

Max Maven lecture.
    Paul Harris Lecture.
    Bob Cassidy (doing anything).
    Alan Rorrison Lecture.
    Colin McLeod Lecture.
    Andy Nyman Lecture.
    Docc Hilford (doing anything)
    David Penn Lecture.
    Luke Jermay.

At least 4 of those guys are in the UK and at least 2 do corporate gigs here quite a bit.
    Why the Irish convention cant move dates to try and hook some of these guys when they come to Blackpool is a mystery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭D.Craftsman

Hi Guys,
    You missed a fantastic event.Great lectures and one to one meet up with anyone and everyone.The guest were clearly very well chosen to suit a smaller event than Blackpool.It will be very tough act to follow next year.Also how about the news of the bid to host The World Magic Championship? Fantastic.:)

Advertisement