Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's time for a change..the summer is coming

Options
  • 27-03-2011 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

It's time to update the brick again so I need your help.
    I am a Nokia fan boy so a Nokia phone is paramount

What features are important to you in a phone?
    Camera (10)
    GPS/Maps (3)
    FM Radio (7)
    Bluetooth (6)
    Good loudspeaker volume(4)
    Ease of use(2)
    Strong vibration (4)
    NOKIA brand (1)
    Alphanumeric keypad (I am open to QWERTY suggestions- but I am duboious)(5)
    Ability to check emails on the go (8)
    Would like to install a compass app to if possible (9)

***Numbers in brackets = priority of features***

Form factor:
    Candybar

Internet
    Wifi would be a nice bonus

Operator:
    I'll be sticking with o2 as the family are all on it and most of my work collegues are too.

Type of Price Plan
    Pre-pay/SIM-Free

Price range
    €150-200 (max)

Hope the specs arent too narrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Given that you put camera as your number one, I would have to suggest the N8. You didnt mention anything about touchscreens or not?

It has everything on the list you wanted. Any detailed questions about it, ask away

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Davy wrote: »
    Given that you put camera as your number one, I would have to suggest the N8. You didnt mention anything about touchscreens or not?

It has everything on the list you wanted. Any detailed questions about it, ask away

Oh I didnt know they had to be in order of preference. Honestly a camera wouldnt be that important.

I would prefer buttons ie alphanumeric keypad to be honest.

Can the N8 be got for €200 brand new though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

the xperia arc and neo have quiet good cameras and will be out in a week or two on o2

I saw price plan and was thinking billpay sorry.

If you want standard keypad it shortens the range. I guess the C3 or the C5 would be what you should be looking at. The C5 doesnt have wifi though

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Have been doing a bit a research on this and I've sort of narrowed it down to the following:

Nokia C5
    Nokia E51 (second hand)
    Nokia E52

So if you have any opinions on these three phones it would help alot!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I would rate the E52 far higher than the C5 tbh, feels better quality i think, bigger screen too!

The wlan on the E52 would swing it for me

Davy wrote: »
    The wlan on the E52 would swing it for me

I'd second that if thats what you're trying to decide between but with the caveat that the E52 is a 2 year old model.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I'd second that if thats what you're trying to decide between but with the caveat that the E52 is a 2 year old model.

Thanks for that, so should I hold fire until something newer comes out in order to get value for money?!!

• Advertisement

It's up to you. If you're happy with the specs and design then go for it. Did you not like the nokia X3-02?

cookie1977 wrote: »
    It's up to you. If you're happy with the specs and design then go for it. Did you not like the nokia X3-02?

The X3-02 just looks weird to me and I dont really need a touch/keypad phone. Give me buttons anyday!!

Advertisement